1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

KODI doesn't start on Minix X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Guides and FAQs' started by Ranb, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Ranb

Ranb New Member

Hi,
    I have Minix X8-H Plus, latest firmware ver 007. When I turn on the Minix and selects the XBMC icon on the main screen, it "thinks" for 2-3 seconds and then nothing happens - KODI doesn't start and it returns the the main Minix screen. (By the way, the XBMC is the original version 3 as arrived with the device).
    I would appreciate if anyone can help me what to do !
    Thanks!
    Ran
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Why do you expect Kodi to start if you have XBMC?
    You could uninstall XBMC and reinstall it. But I would suggest you install the Play Store version of Kodi.
  3. Ranb

Ranb New Member

Hi.
    Thanks for the reply. I meant XBMC of course, thanks for the correction! Anyway, how can I uninstal or reinstall this XBMC?
    Thanks
    Ran
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Go to Settings, Apps, XBMC and select uninstall.

To reinstall:
    Use ES File Explorer, go to /Device, system, preinstall and select xbmcminix*********.apk
  5. Ranb

Ranb New Member

Thanks!
  6. Carmen

Carmen New Member

Hello, I have the same problem: xbmc doesn't open, first is preeparing for the first run some seconds, then goes to the main page. The second time the screen goes black.
    I have think also to reinstal but will I loose all my add-ons?
    How can I do do resolv the problem withoud loosing my datas?
    Thanks
  7. KirjoTheCat

KirjoTheCat New Member

Hello me too, I have exactly the same fault, XBMC doesnt open. I do; Go to Settings, Apps, XBMC and select uninstall. That work but now when I try preinstall XBMC for MINIX that say; Application not installed????????????????????
    (I do this; Use ES File Explorer, go to /Device, system, preinstall and select xbmcminix*********.apk)
  8. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

You can download the latest Minix XBMC here - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/minix-xbmc-16-3-beta.13649/