1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Kodi krypton

Discussion in 'NEO Z64 Windows 10/8.1' started by heatserve.uk, Jan 30, 2017.

1. heatserve.uk

heatserve.uk Member

Running kodi 17 on my Z64W.

Extremely impressed. User interface very modern, artwork decent, useability much improved

A very professional looking offering.

It will impress a lot of users I think.
    syso and Neter like this.
  2. syso

syso New Member

seriously? how did you do it? coz after i installed mine to krypton, it wont start... help please?
  3. CMinyoDM

CMinyoDM New Member

Mine works perfectly with krypton after swapping over from android to windows 8.1 , but on a friend of mines windows version the sucker just wouldn't start and the solution was to delete a certain file in the kodi which is...

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\Database\addons27.db

you'll have to figure out exactly where it is but that's very simple. GL!
    syso likes this.
  4. dryster

dryster Active Member

Usually when installing Kodi on their machines, users do exactly what the developers tell them not to do, which is rush off and slap on a common build that could compromise the security of their machines. The directory above is in the users structure, and to see it, you'll have to enable show hidden files in the windows file manager window. As far as I know, deleting the addons27.db is benign, Kodi will rebuild it, however, if you can, before deleting anything, see if you can review the log to see why Kodi is exiting.

%APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi
    %APPDATA%\Roaming\Kodi\Kodi.old

Use notepad to review.
    syso likes this.
  5. CMinyoDM

CMinyoDM New Member

In general yes, go through the log and you'll get some clues and eventually figure it out but it would be much quicker to delete addons27.db, like you say it rebuilds itself and this fixes an issue that sometimes occurs so there's no real danger. It's a pretty common solution over at the official kodi forums

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313139&highlight=addons27.db

Usually to do with an upgrade from 16 to 17 but in the case I dealt with it was apparently a fresh install, I don't know if that's true or not it was sort of handed to me with a "uhhh dis ain't workin'" and this was a quick fix for it.
    dryster likes this.
  6. syso

syso New Member

yeay! problem solved.. Thank you(y)