1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Kodi version?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by Aryanco, May 20, 2017.

1. Aryanco

Aryanco New Member

Hi. I would like to know which version of kodi can replace the existing XBMC in my minix x8h. Thanks
  2. butterbeer

butterbeer New Member

What are you trying to say? Just uninstall XBMC and install Kodi or SPMC from the Play store. The Play store will automatically give you the right version for your version of Android.

I recommend SPMC over Kodi for Android devices. Google "SPMC vs Kodi" and you'll see why.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2017
  3. EdT586

EdT586 Member

Which version of XBMC Minix Edition do you currently have on your X8-H ?
    All versions of Kodi from Minix is still on based on Kodi 15.2 or 16.1
    With a KitKat 4.4.2 device such as your X8-H you can only officailly have Kodi 16.1.
    You can however use a fork of Kodi 17.0/17.1 known as MMC17(MyGicaMediaCenter17) on your X8-H that was developed by MyGica.
    So my recommendation for now is to stick with XBMC Minix Edition 16.3 or use MMC17 if you want to use Kodi 17.0/17.1
    https://mega.nz/?_escaped_fragment_...J!OkX546MAorRooA5ipB3_F23TjYMC4tfkGFWVNLCesA8
  4. Harry S

Harry S Member

My one came with kodi 13! and i tried any newer minix-kodi derivates. At last all of them not
    made my happy and i tried any regular kodi versions from 14 to 16, 14.2 seams at last the
    most stable kodi for my X8 Plus.