1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Latest OTA update has killed my box.

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 010 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by s73v3, Oct 1, 2016.

1. s73v3

s73v3 New Member

The latest update hangs during boot. The screen is orange yellow at a low resolution. the pulsing minux logo show the top half poking from the bottom of the screen. I have wiped the cache, and factory reset the device. Both returns to the same hang screen during boot.

Can I download this latest firmware and reflash the box? I can only download firmware 002.. is this correct?
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Firmware 009, Option 1 here...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/x8-h-plus-updating-the-firmware-not-via-fota.8331/
  3. s73v3

s73v3 New Member

Thanks villa. I found my pc will not find the minix box. It connects via usb but the app wont see it. I also attempted the other method and found the version is older and will not copy. If I can get the x8-h plus to work in win10, then will the suggested file X8H_PLUS_FW009_20160328.rar work?
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Did you hold the recover button to power it up when connecting to a PC? please make sure you follow the flash guide.
  5. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

So is the FW10 pulled?
    It is now showing on the system
  6. Villa

No! Why would it be?
  7. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

i meant it is not showing in my OTA :(
    stupid typo. lol
  8. Villa

So what is the current firmware version/build you have?
  9. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

KOT49H.20160829

i suppose thats 009a ?
  10. Villa

11. setopboxer

setopboxer Member

12. Marty

Marty New Member

Hi s73v3,

I was having the same problem on Windows 10 in that it would not recognise my Minix box, try these steps:

1. Download USB Burning Tool v2.0.4.3 from Minix Forum, install and run the program
    2. Unplug the power cable from your Minix box
    3. Connect your Minix box to PC with the supplied Minix USB cable
    4. Push and hold a paperclip/toothpick in the recover hole next to the HDMI port on the Minix box
    5. Connect power cable while STILL holding the paperclip/toothpick in the recover hole on the Minix box
    6. Push the power button on the Minix while STILL holding paperclip/toothpick in recover hole until box is detected on the PC, this happened almost instantly for me.
    7. If above does not work, reboot your PC and try the steps again.

If you still get the error saying the version is older when trying to flash with the X8H_PLUS_FW009_20160328.rar then you will have to wait for the FW010 .img file to be released as a download. Or maybe an Admin will kindly supply you the link in a DM ;)

Hope this helps.
  13. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator