1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Latest update

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H PLUS 006 firmware via MINIX FOTA' started by lardybarstow, Sep 3, 2015.

1. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Just updated with the latest 24mb update that included fake WiFi at the end it says

"Your system was damaged, wireless update is disabled"

Have looked for threads on this....nil can anyone she'd any light can't work out if this is part of the plan of fake WiFi. ..or is it a minor cocktail up to be rectified,

Cheers

Puzzled.
  2. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Just to add it didn't update this box no fake WiFi etc..this unit only two to three weeks old never ever been rooted,

Cheers

Phil.
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Did you buy the box preloaded from a reseller who may have rooted/unrooted the box?
    Try clearing the cache from System Update app and try again.
    If it still reports the System damaged message you could try a factory reset.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  4. Higgs

Did your other x8-h plus box update okay ( one which was rooted/unrooted)?
    Your wife didn't swap them again?

5. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Unit came from geekbuying going to try updating second unit of the same type which has been rooted previously but have rembed root if that works from a layman's point of view

Will update on second update after work

Cheers
  6. Higgs

Did you try clearing the cache?

7. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Previously rooted now unrooted box updated no problems cleared cache etc on new unrooted and still no joy.
  8. Higgs

I would try a factory reset (hopefully you haven't made too many changes and can install your apps/settings again without too much time wasted).
    The other option might be to wait and see if/when a usb update.zip file is created for this update.
  9. lardybarstow

lardybarstow Member

Bit the bullet relaxed 06 firmware took 2 attempts all back up and running was in a bit of a sweat could not get it
    To fire up for over an hour and half a few choice words and suddenly there is was for a went flawless this time latest with fake WiFi just got to
    Reload all apps but hey I'm a happy man

Thanks to all for help, support, and suggestions

Regards

Phil
    Higgs likes this.