1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Let's see a shot of your launcher/customizations

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Silverback, Aug 23, 2014.

1. Haresh

Haresh New Member

2. pampam

pampam Member

Nice how do you make it:)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
  3. max80

max80 Member

SS Launcher (PRO version) + Rondo Icon Pack
  4. Wiktil

Wiktil New Member

Hi Henriks,
    could you possible make a backup-file of the launcher settings and post it here or send it to me?

Thanks in advance!
  5. tobyni

tobyni New Member

I've been inspired to try Squarehome, but after playing about (and buying the pro version) I can't get the highlight colour to change from that hideous orange... am I missing a settings page somewhere?

Edit: Spoke to the dev, turns out it's one of the few non-customisable things. Oh well, back to hacking metro...
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  6. henrikes

henrikes New Member

Sorry for the late reply.... i have been away for a while... let me try it, and send it to you.
  7. tobyni

tobyni New Member

Finally... managed to hack the original launcher. The latest Minix Metro will corrupt if you disassemble it, however TVgeek have totally ripped it off for their launcher, and it's safe to unpack. From there it took about three weeks of experimenting, tweaking XMLs, android IDs, and a lot of PNG editing!

Screenshot.jpg

Edit: Unfortunately I posted this prematurely. Launcher works on the compiler environment and on a old M8 test box, but won't work on the Minix. I'm guessing it's a conflict with the manifests as technically uses the same code base as the original launcher... I'm damned if it'll beat me though!
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
    xeox, Michael Ekborg and Higgs like this.
  8. Michael Ekborg

Michael Ekborg New Member

Please let me know when you´re finished with this, it´s absolutely beautiful & i would love to use it if i may.
    lekane likes this.
  9. guesswho

guesswho New Member

Hi everyone!

This is my U1 device. Bought it few weeks ago and hated default launcher. :) So I've customised it a little with wife's help. :)

Screenshot_2016-11-02-23-03-03.png

Screenshot_2016-11-01-01-23-19.png

Screenshot_2016-11-02-21-07-28.png
    Danavorn, Gridlock70 and xeox like this.
  10. harpua1982

harpua1982 New Member

Looks Nice! How did you get the Data and SD Widgets?
  11. xeox

xeox Member

12. guesswho

guesswho New Member

Hi harpua1982, xeox,

Glad you like it. I am attaching wallpaper, here are widgets and apps used.

Launcher: SquareHome 2
    System info widget: X-CPU - Circle Widgets
    RSS feeds widget: Simple RSS Widget
    Storage usage overview widget: Storage Widget+ and Storage Analyzer
    Weather widget: Transparent clock & weather
    Quick actions widget: Power Toggles

If you need more info, don't hesitate to ask.

Attached Files:

KellyND1 and xeox like this.
  13. GEALFORCE

GEALFORCE New Member

Hi,
    here's a screenshot of my NEO U1

Attached Files:

Danavorn and xeox like this.
  14. harpua1982

harpua1982 New Member

Is anyone having any problems w/ SquareHome Launcher (old version) and Pushbullet (and AutoRemote) messages not going through after a period of inactivity? I noticed a while ago that my Minix X8-h stopped getting pushbullet notifications unless pushbullet was running in the foreground. Same for AutoRemote. I did a factory restore and I was able to get pushbullet messages and AutoRemote messages again.

It was working for months until I re-installed squarehome launcher. Now if I send an AutoRemote message, it doesn't come through unless I interact with the minix somehow, thus breaking the automation process. I need to test further with pushbullet, as it just worked a minute ago, but there has been no period of inactivity since I just tested w/ AutoRemote.
  15. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Regarding SquareHome 2 launcher. What does tablet mode setting change? Apart from making everything big I'm not clear on what it does.
  16. incogni

incogni New Member

After a few days of diddling around, with inspiration from this thread, here's my first finished layout:

Screenshot_2017-01-08-05-21-47.png

Thanks guys! I've had the box for months, but it never struck me I could switch out that annoying launcher.
    Zedahooin likes this.
  17. Haresh

Haresh New Member

Hi @incogni... which launcher is this?
    Pl guide step-by-step process
  18. incogni

incogni New Member

I'm using the SquareHome.Tablet launcher - transparent theme, 5 rows, 150% icon size (don't remember what else I changed in the settings).
    - "AmazingText" for the Minix title.
    - "Digital clock xperia" for the time and weather.
    - The Kodi shortcut is a logo set as tile background, with invisible .png image as icon.
    - "Scrollable News" for the RSS feed (long press -> divide to make navigation possible without the airmouse).
    - Icon packs are "lines" and "pasty".

Spent hours just messing around with different settings on everything so not sure I could do a proper step-by-step, but feel free to ask.
    Villa likes this.
  19. incogni

incogni New Member

Something more minimalistic...

Screenshot_2017-01-08-16-52-27.png
    (SquareHome.Tablet w/High Glossy theme, Invisible Widget for spacing, and Argent and Tiny White icons.)
    KellyND1 and xeox like this.
  20. Zedahooin

Zedahooin New Member

great