1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Custom ROM LibreElec 8.2 kodi 17.4

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by datrh, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Qefx

Qefx Member

I got kodi 17.2 rc1.

Can I use the update methods? (libreelec 8.0.2)
  2. datrh

datrh Active Member

hi, can you develop? (which device, who's build,..)
    i'm not sure i fully understand your request
  3. Qefx

Qefx Member

Yeah didnĀ“t work. Just booted. File deleted but not updated. I guess I need to use toothpick method :)
  4. Qefx

Qefx Member

With which tool should I create the SD Card? Tried the AMlogic car maker tool. But it does not work...
  5. datrh

datrh Active Member

6. Qefx

Qefx Member

Tried that, got a corruption error in Filesystem on not. Wait 120 seconds or press any key... What now?
  7. datrh

datrh Active Member

v1.2 : minix ir remote support
    check #1
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  8. JamesGrey

JamesGrey New Member

9. Pintglass

Pintglass New Member

Can your images be flashed to nand or are they just for sd card?

Regards Pintglass
  10. datrh

datrh Active Member

i suspect something with the temp...or a memory leak

yes but you've to ssh the box, run the script installtointernal.sh and follow the instructions.

i would test first the right img on SD or USB(if no SD boot) .
    there's always a risk to brick the device with "installtointernal".
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  11. Pintglass

Pintglass New Member

So you can not use the amlogic burning tool with your images?
  12. datrh

datrh Active Member

no, it's not android.
  13. Pintglass

Pintglass New Member

Would it be possible to add retroarch in to your builds?
  14. Jorge Cardoso

Jorge Cardoso New Member

It'a possible to instal this in a pen Drive and run ir without uninstall the android from the box? If yes how can i do it?

Thanks
  15. datrh

datrh Active Member

i've read somewhere a post from Balbes telling that to install the multiboot you've to burn the img on SD card and do the toothpick.
    It will first mod the bootloader and then try to install the system on SD.
    If it doesn't install the system (file corrupt,120 sec etc) , write the img on a usb stick.
    remove the SD if it still in the minix , plug the usb stick and boot.

my builds are based on Balbes150 works so it doesn't touch the Android filesystem.

best case : you have a dual boot (sd/usb) LibreELEC and Android
    worst case : you stay with Android

always try the multi-dtb build first (this one boot from SD)
    the other build (gen1) cannot boot from SD.(it can be solved but need dedicated testers and lot of trials/errors (same story as the mutli dtb build))

i will look at this but first i would like (if possible) solve the power off bug(need to dive in the uboot)
  16. Pintglass

Pintglass New Member

I had to use the gen1 build as i got no wifi, and ethernet with address of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx, i also had to do exactly as you describe above, where i used sd to alter the bootloader and then boot system from usb.
    What is the power off bug?
    Let me know if i can help with any tests on gen1 hardware.
    Regards Pintglass
  17. datrh

datrh Active Member

if you power-off the device using the remote or kodi menu, you cannot restart the minix without unplug-replug the power-cord.
    it's not catastrophic but annoying
  18. Jorge Cardoso

Jorge Cardoso New Member

Can you explain to me, and others that may want to try this, step by step, how can we do it, please?
  19. mark2

mark2 Active Member

First choose which image you want some on page 1 of this thread some you can follow from the openelec thread
    you'll find this in the custom roms section read from about page 74 onwards
    after you choose your build you need to download a boot.scr to make the box dual boot
    burn your libreelec to sd/usb then create folder name it boot and copy the boot.scr into that folder
    now insert your sd/usb into box
    insert pin/toothpick in recovery hole boot box holding in pin in until you see minix green man then release pin
    if you have done all that correctly it should start installing libreelec on to sd/usb once done it will reboot into libreelec
    go here for boot.scr https://yadi.sk/d/du9BkKk632MbMp
    datrh likes this.
  20. Jorge Cardoso

Jorge Cardoso New Member

I used this method and it works on a sdcard but not a usb pen, I cant get it to boot. any thoughts?