1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Linux distro (Live USB)

Discussion in 'Z83-4 Alternate OS discussion' started by srjuanjo, Nov 13, 2016.

1. srjuanjo

srjuanjo New Member

Hi everyone, I was just trying to install Linux in a pendrive to be able to use it (mostly to use a torrent app because I want my windows system virus free).

I installed ubuntu (live usb), however the wifi is not working or detected by the distro.

I tried openSuse but it seems that it does not have any live usb to try, it has only the option to install it in my HD and I do not want to mess up my hard drive with windows.

I tried slax which is very convenient because is really small, but when I try to use it the usb does not boot (I installed the 64bit version) so I can not even use it.

Which version of linux could I install as a live usb to use the wifi and that it can boot from the usb without any issues, could you give me a link to download it for my z83-4 is basically to use a torrent app in that system.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator