1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Location of Image Files?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by Wolverine, May 31, 2017.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Hi, I need help updating my NEO X8-H

System:
    Build number 20141015
    Android 4.4.2

Tried zip method but neither SD card nor USB is recognized at reboot menu. Both the SD and the USB are formatted as primary partitions with FAT32. Per forum suggestion, I used Diskpart to assign a partition type ID to 0x81 to make it think it was a linux system.

Downloaded and upacked X8_X8PLUS_X8H_FW009.rar
    Installed the USB Burning Tool and can successfully connect to the Minix at reboot.

When I go to import the image, the Burning Tool is looking for Amlogic burn package (*.img) and I cannot find it in the FW009 directory.

I cannot use OTA on the system update.

As I connect to the Minix through the USB OTG, I should be able to place files to wherever the 'locale' directory is for an internal system update.

Thanks for any guidance.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

3. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

Hi Higgs. I unpacked the zip file instead of the rar file. Late night I guess. I now have the img file and will continue. Thanks.
    Villa likes this.
  4. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member

I was getting "parse iamge fail" when trying to read the img file placed on my desktop (probably spaces in the path) but resolved it by I placing it in the root directory of C. All good, now watching Sling without the horrible lag. Thanks crew!