1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Logitech Harmony full support

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by nad, Aug 24, 2014.

1. nad

nad Member

I wish there will be a full support for Logitech Harmony remote including those keys that aren't implemented yet in X8-H ir remote (play,pause,stop,ff, etc....)
    woftor and Crusader like this.
  2. messer

messer youthful doter Dev Group

Did you try the settings for the Neo X5 device?
    I am not sure whether the remote controls of X5 and X8 are identical but both are looking like that. When looking into the Harmony software I could see that the keys for play, pause etc. are implemented for the X5 device. Perhaps you can test it and report the results here?

I would do it by my own but currently I have no time slot for that.
  3. slowdown

slowdown Nursing Case

Neo X5 Setup is working on my Harmony.
    So far supported:
    Power Toggle - Home - Option - Back - Volume Up|Down - Direction Keys - OK.
    So far no Video Keys Support - only Keys supported by the minix stock Remote Control.

Today there is also the NEO X8 definition available - but there are no more functions. You canĀ“t define the Pause|Play key of the Airmouse, as only IR is supportet by Logitech Remote.
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. WalterBiH

WalterBiH New Member

+1 for "media buttons" to be implemented in X8. We don't need new MINIX remote - just more commands implemented in firmware so we can map them on our Harmonies.
  5. slowdown

slowdown Nursing Case

Yeep - nice solution to get direct access to the HDMI output switches in MBoxsettings so we can directly trigger these switches out from any Mediaplayer and xbmc! Minix obviously has forgotten to implement these switches into their Remote Control.
  6. WilfredG

WilfredG Member

+1 for "media buttons" to be implemented in X8.
  7. PicPic

PicPic New Member

I also support this feature request. ;)
  8. messer

messer youthful doter Dev Group

9. Darren

Darren Member

+1 a thousand times over. and please don't assume CEC replaces this because for most of us, it does not.
  10. theDriver

theDriver New Member

11. Massor

Massor New Member

+1 ! I own an older One and a 900, disapointinting (almost) unusable with X8.
  12. Ralph

Ralph New Member

13. Ap258

Ap258 New Member

14. PeterPump

PeterPump New Member

Hi all,
    I +1 here as well.

I had already posted a similar request on August 14, but in a somewhat more generic and formal way.

I added a voting field which tracks the +1 and -1 better, so please hit your choice and maybe if we get a total of 50 votes or so, this is considered more by the MINIX product team.

Find my post at: http://www.minixforum.com/threads/p...iver-functionality-for-universal-remotes.236/

Still liking my device a lot and kind of living with the limited IR functionality for one, sometimes I am using the XBMC remote app on my iPad if required (especially very nice for keyboard inputs).

Cheers
  15. Rslynn46

Rslynn46 Member

+1 this would be a great addition for my harmony touch.
  16. Crusader

Crusader New Member

17. max90

max90 Member

18. pal.sch

pal.sch New Member

+1 from my site too.

CEC doesn't work with my LG TV.
  19. Michal

Michal New Member

20. bubez81

bubez81 Member