1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Logitech Harmony full support

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by nad, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Mach2003

Mach2003 New Member

@Bryan63, the X5 profile should allow FF and REW to work with the stock firmware and no root.
  2. Bryan63

Bryan63 New Member

Well I can assure you it doesn't work for me. I have my Logitech Harmony One configured to the X5 configuration and FF and REW don't work

Play, Pause, Stop, OK, the four arrow keys, Menu and Exit do work
  3. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

Dear all,

Please remove your old profile, re-adding the new one from Logitech server and sync it.
    They've updated their database this month.
    Thanks!
  4. moscard

moscard Member

For X8h do we have to use X5 or X8 Logitech profile ?
  5. MINIX - Ken

X8;)
  6. moscard

moscard Member

Nice :)
    I will try as soon as possible.
  7. moscard

moscard Member

Ok, some tests later:
    X8 & X8-H profile -> no way, PAUSE & Play do no work in XBMC and in MX Player either.
    Nevertheless the power (On/Off) button work as expected.

With X5 profile : Play & Pause works as expected in XBMC but not in MX Player, but sadly the power button do not turn on the MINIX.

Hope it could help

Best regards
  8. bubez

bubez New Member

And for The x8-h plus?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
  9. moscard

moscard Member

If I remember well x8-H Plus is another firmware so probably a different problem
  10. Bryan63

Bryan63 New Member

You should be able to get the harmony to learn the power signal from the original remote. However I found it only puts the unit to sleep, does not power fully off.
    As I had trouble with it waking up at times, I have set the Minix to not turn off at all. This means I have to do library updates manually in XBMC
  11. MINIX - Ken

only G4, X5, X6, X7 and X8 profiles are submitted by us, profiles with other model names are not from us and may not work properly.

We have informed Logitech to remove those profiles not submitted by us yesterday, please note.
  12. moscard

moscard Member

Ok,
    But still valid fo r X8 & X5 -> I had to mix both in order to do it to work properly with XBMC. Sadly no way with MX player, Play/Pause button still do not work as expected. It do something but wrong.
  13. moscard

moscard Member

Small update ... After last FOTA -> X8 profile work properly in XBMC incluting the PLAY/PAUSE as the ON/OFF button I am finally happy with that :)

However:
    - The fast forward/backward do not work (not important for me)
    - In MX Player the Play/PAUSE do not work properly. The first press -> ok, but MX come out of order and no other button work after that, we have to get out with exit button and restart MX.
  14. Ian Kent

Ian Kent New Member

What does that mean exactly.
    for a NEO X8-H Plus, when specifying the MINIX device in Harmony setup use X8 or NEO X8?
  15. bubez81

bubez81 Member

X8 i suppose

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk
  16. Kotek Besar

Kotek Besar New Member

Hi guys. Just received this remote control today. Seems ok so far, but what button is for "home"?
  17. Jørgen Bo Madsen

Jørgen Bo Madsen New Member

18. pal.sch

pal.sch New Member

Hello guys,

I am using Logitech Harmony 600 here and have a problem with Minix X8-H (it is updated to the latest firmware).
    I had almost the problem with double-click recoginition. I click once to a button on the remote but Minix reacts like I clicked twice to that button. Its really annoying and I don't really know how to fix that problem.
    I already tried to set the delay higher on the Harmony (possible with Remote Software 7.7.0) but it doesn't help. I looks like Minix recognized sometimes one remote signal twice.

Does anybody else have that problem with his Harmony and Minix?

Thanks for your support.
  19. djphat2000

djphat2000 New Member

Been a bit since my last post. However, I also just got the Harmony ultimate home remote and hub. I got everything "else" to work very well. Even thru the iOS app. However, the IR pick up on my Minix X8H is not, repeat not picking up the IR blasters or HUB. Even right in front of it. It just does not pick up any signal from it. However, if I aim the actual remote at it, it works. I'm super perplexed. Unless the blasters are super weak in signal (even right up on it), this device just doesn't like it. Even the Xbox One seems ok with it being close (can't be too far away either, but), it picks it up. So I know it's not the IR blasters. I've seen folks drill a hole to make the IR more visible and the blue LED. I would rather not do that of course, but unless I'm doing something really wrong. Does anyone else have a suggestion on how to make this register the signal better?

Thanks folks!
  20. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

Has anyone had any success with configuring their harmony so that you can wake it from sleep when choosing your minix activity and you can put it to sleep when switching activity or turning off sing the main power button at the top of the harmony remote?