1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Logitech Harmony full support

Discussion in 'Firmware Wishlist' started by nad, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Jørgen Bo Madsen

Jørgen Bo Madsen New Member

2. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

That's a great idea but I really can't believe it's come to that with a brand new unit!! I assume this will help remote issues with the official remote as well? Is this a known problem?

Have you configured your harmony in the way I mentioned in my previous post?
  3. Jørgen Bo Madsen

Jørgen Bo Madsen New Member

Yes it is a known problem discussed in this forum.
    The MINIX NEO A2 Air Mouse remote uses radio communication but the power button (wake up / sleep) use IR that demands that you point directly to the device.

If you don't want to drill a hole in the device, you may buy an IR-extender e.g "IR Extender 30-60KHz - Maximum IRB-100". See uploaded picture.
    ir-extender-maximum-irb-100-big.jpg

Bryan63 said: You should be able to get the harmony to learn the power signal from the original remote.

You can learn the original IR power signal from the MINI NEO A2 Air Mouse.

I use standard "Minix Neo X8" profile" for my Logitech Harmony remote. No problems.

Bryan63 said: However I found it only puts the unit to sleep, does not power fully off.
    I have the same experience.
  4. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

Thanks guys. Happy to drill and teach the remote the sleep/wake function. The only issue is I've read after a few hours the unit goes into a deep sleep and can no longer be woken by the remote. Is this correct? If so, that's a very frustrating limitation.
  5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

I've answered this before on your other thread.
    I'll repeat again - Both the A2 Lite and M1 remotes CAN wake the box from sleep as they have an IR power button.
    Remotes which RF power buttons won't be able to wake the box from sleep.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  6. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

Sorry I didn't see that. OK so there may be hope.. I'll try programing the logitech
  7. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

The fact is. Sleep doesn't work when minix is active. The remote doesn't turn my unit on no matter what anyone says (it requires a physical push of the power button and nothing else). The unit is going back and I'll reconnect my wdtv live
  8. Higgs

Er what?
    Isn't that like saying, "I can't go to sleep when I'm awake"?

9. Higgs

On all your posts I can't remember if you ever stated which firmware you have. If you are set on returning it that's fine but you might want to see first if a firmware upgrade makes any difference.
    As I and others have attested, the a2 lite can wake the box provided you have line of sight to the IR receiver.

10. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

If kodi is in use, the power button on either remote just pauses the film and doesn't put it to sleep. If I'm in the kodi software and not watching anything, the power button does nothing at all
  11. Higgs

That isn't what you said :)
    Are you using xbmc launcher again?
    Haven't we established a few days ago that sleep doesn't work using xbmc launcher but does work when not using it?
    Are we going round in circles?

12. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

I'll take this back to the original thread before we go off on a tangent!
  13. Golgajack

Golgajack New Member

14. cyloncity2

cyloncity2 Member

Can the Logitech Harmony ultimate turn on/off the minix? Wake it from sleep or not. Just got a present of one and have no idea/ confidence on how to achieve this any pointers to easily achieve this appreciated.
  15. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

It can yes but I needed to train my harmony the power command. It doesn't turn it off but does put it into sleep and wake it

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    cyloncity2 likes this.
  16. cyloncity2

cyloncity2 Member

Will give it a try so. Good to know its possible anyway as I was getting a bit disillusioned! Did you use the minix stock remote to train it?
    Thanks again
  17. tikigod19

tikigod19 Member

I think so yeah

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
  18. cyloncity2

cyloncity2 Member

19. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

wow- long thread and no updates for a very long time. New user here using a harmony 900. all the basic functions work but we need IR support for the T,M and P keys for Kodi. I cant turn subtitles on/off , cant play all on a folder and cant get the osd up with the harmony. these are supported in the wifi so it should be simple to port them.
  20. djphat2000

djphat2000 New Member

I gave up on the minix entirely. I really tried too. I just needed something that worked better. Moved to Qnap NAS T451. Runs Kodi 16 Jarvis and the remote support, while not any better feature wise. It at least WORKS with my Logitech. IR works way better. Not to mention I don't have to do some convoluted flash to update the device. It's more apple then droid. Updates are easy. There are not as many apps. As android will have a whole store to pick from. Your also not using it as a gaming device either. But both I can live without. The remote support and easy to use are the things I just couldn't live without anymore. Sorry I tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk