1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Lollipop for X8 Plus?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8 Official Firmware Releases' started by Wolfuns, Jan 27, 2018.

1. Wolfuns

Wolfuns New Member

Hello all,

Recently I upgraded a X6 from 4.x to 5.x in order to use the newest version of Kodi.
    I would like to know if it is possible to upgrade a X8 Plus Kitkat to the Lollipop version for the same reason as aforementioned.

I downloaded the firmware for it andfollowed all the steps of the tutorial on minixforum (how to flash..)
    Unfortunately when I turn on the device after the process, I get the green android logo and it just stays there(left it on for one hour straight... still nothing :(

Hope someone can help a Minix-user out.

Thanks in advance.

2. Menorca Man

Menorca Man Active Member Trusted Helper

There is currently no Minix Lollipop firmware for the X8-H, X8 Plus or X8 (Note: The X8-H Plus has its own Lollipop Beta firmware available). The X6 Lollipop Beta firmware is not compatible so let's hope you haven't bricked your X8 Plus and are able to revert to the correct firmware via the PC/USB Burning Tool method - http://minixforum.com/threads/x8-x8-plus-x8-h-official-firmware-009-20160324.11938/. Let us know how you get on. Good luck.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Wolfuns likes this.
  3. Wolfuns

Wolfuns New Member

Thank you for answering my question! I will follow the steps and try to bring it back to the way it was.

4. Jacob Davies

Jacob Davies New Member

Wolfuns likes this.
  5. Wolfuns

Wolfuns New Member

Sorry I replied this late. I just used your suggested ROM one minute ago and it worked!!! Thanks alot Jacob :D!