1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Lollipop on Neo X8-H Plus

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by spilice, Aug 19, 2017.

1. spilice

spilice New Member

According to this news:

Release Candidate 2 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS firmware for MINIX NEO X8-H Plus is now available to download from the MINIX Forum.

I want to put Lollipop on my X8-H Plus,but I'm pretty much frightened that I will do something wrong.I'm not so familiar in updating firmwares.

Is there any tutorial for dummies,step by step?

What's the easiest,fastest and most secure way to do it?

Thanks a lot.

Poslano sa mog Redmi Note 2 koristeći Tapatalk
  2. vicom

vicom New Member

Everything is explained in forum post there are step by step guides . Else wait for the final official release.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  3. spilice

spilice New Member

Does it mean that it will be ota update soon?Without pc,sd card,usb tools,reboot and other scary things?

4. vicom

vicom New Member

OTA, yes but we don't know how soon. They are busy ironing out some bugs. So they've released 2 updates in a space of two months so i call that good progress. Just be patient.

dander1 likes this.
  5. spilice

spilice New Member

Thanks a lot vicom.I'll wait then.Especially because my Minix still running good on Kitkat,but I want Lollipop mostly because of Kodi 17.3. Krypton.

6. vicom

vicom New Member

Just bare in mind some of the limitations stated on the fist post by MinixKen

7. spilice

spilice New Member

You mean this:

1.) HD audio passthrough - it's a S812 series CPU limitation, lack of I2S channels;
    2.) Refresh rate of mediacodec - Amlogic haven't make this feature working on Lollipop; ?

Is this big problem in everyday use?

8. vicom

vicom New Member

1, they sort of got it to work on the MinixXBMC 17.3, it doesn't work on the official Kodi.. Unless you really want DTS sound it shouldn't be a problem.

2, there are some videos that will suffer from stuttering/smooth playback due to the refresh rate mismatch. 24p vs 60p
  9. spilice

spilice New Member

Thanks vicom.
    But obviously,no OTA,someone ask them on facebook:

The final, stable version will not be released via our F.O.T.A Update System. You will need to manually install this Android Lollipop OS update.

So, I will try to update it manually.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  10. frutiloopis

frutiloopis Member