1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Major Apps tested on x8 - x8H

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by traxdata, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

yes back to the main screen MINIX. I did get Google fixed. You must have read it before I could edit it out.

Another issue I found is I have an extensive digital movie collection. It does mount my 1TB HD but I can only use the 4k movie player. The other players skip and are choppy when I use those.. I will keep trying different movies there not all the same format but there not anything abnormal MP4,AVI, MKV , WMA some others.
  2. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

Which XBMC version are you using? Have you made any modification using wizards? Are you using an advancedsettings.xml file? When these crashes happen are they when playing local files or streaming from internet/local network?

Are you using XBMC to play your movie collection from you HDD (I'm assuming its directly connected to the box)?
    Is there any issue using the 4K player, or any reason why you want to use another player?
  3. suganetx

suganetx New Member

I have tested the result, whiche apps free were working on Minix Neo X8-H well.

Amazon App Store (from the Internet)
    PrimeTime for Google TV (from the Internet) -> like Amazon Instant Videos
    Crunchyroll for Google TV (from the Internet) -> Anime Movies & TV Shows (Support subtitles)
    YouTube for Google TV (from the Internet) -> Offical Video Streaming
    DailyMotion (from Google Play Store) -> like YouTube
    *Einthusan (from Google Play Store) -> Indian Movie Video Streaming
    *Channellive TV (from Google Store) -> Indian Video Streaming (OTT service providers)
    *Channellive Mobile (from Google Store) -> Indian Live TV
    Viki for Google TV (from the Internet) -> Japanese Video Streaming
    Moga Pivot (from Google Store) -> Moga Controller Series are required
    Android Gamepad Assistant (from the Internet) - Only for Ipega (PH-9021, PH-9023)
    BitGames for TV Box (from the Internet) -> All 8-bit games are free to install and play with gamepad games
    Nibiru (from Google Play Store) -> Supply Gamepad play guide for most games to install and play.
    PPSSPP (from Google Play Store) -> PSP Emulator
    Mega64 (from Google Play Store) -> N64 Emulator
    *²IP Player for Google TV (from the Internet) -> Global Free Live TV
    Dolphin Browser HD (from the Internet) -> It is particular of HD.
    XBMC Launcher (from Google Play Store) -> Set XBMC as your launcher without modifying the XBMC app.

*It adapts to TV like Google TV.
    *² If you want to install another Free Tv for IPTV app, you will also be able to add m3u.

Note:
    All of these apps needn't Root!

Otherwise other app free were not working well
    - *Popcorn Time (from the Internet) -> English Movie Video Streaming (support subtitles) choppy videos
    - Spuul (from Google Play Store) -> Inidan Movie Video Streaming choopy videos
    - YouTube for Android TV (from the Internet) -> It can't be installed
    - Open Launcher for Google TV (from the Internet) -> It can't be installed
    *Payment required so that it is built-in VPN.

Who know about that (not working) and tried to work again well, please give me any advice.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  4. Higgs

Thats just an
    Its just an android thing. Not every app will work on every device. Some apps are specifically built for certain devices/android versions, and won't work on other devices/android versions.
  5. discordian666

discordian666 New Member

Pluto.TV works quite well, its fast becoming my new favourite app
  6. jlcb78

jlcb78 New Member

hi everyone, I have just purchased this device and some apps are not working. I have sucesfuly installed the new firmware 002 but there are some apps such as Dailymotion wich are not working. You can hear the videos but you cannnot watch them. Other missing app is Google+. It is not in the play store but I do not know why, any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help
  7. Armand

Armand Member

I would like some info about the google+ as well actually specially interested in the apk from google photos if anyone manage to get it and install it
  8. jlcb78

jlcb78 New Member

I have downloaded the apk file but it si not possible to install it. (n)
  9. Armand

Armand Member

Thanks for trying i saw someone mentioning he installed google+ from CM10 and that worked so i was hoping that would be the same for the photo app
  10. adi_tca

adi_tca Trusted Helper Trusted Helper

Unfortunately, Google+ is not yet available for Minix X8-(H), at least according to Minix feedback. Google+ is posted as a requested feature in the corresponding thread.
    What I found in the mean time to handle the Google+ photos is "Tool for Picasa, Google+ Photo": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=larry.zou.colorfullife&hl=en
  11. Armand

Armand Member

12. rambler98

rambler98 New Member

Apps that are not working for me

Xfinity TV Go - This is the one I use the most, Worked on Beta 8
    Popcornflix
    Crackle
    Amazon Instant Video
    Google Play Movies & TV
  13. Miguel Roque

Miguel Roque New Member

Hello,
    After all, sorry for my english that not very good.
    i am new hear and i am exploring my neo x8h now, but every games that i had installed have problems to run, or better, no won works.

Anyone can help me?
  14. Higgs

You need to be more specific about what games you have problems with. I have installed many android games (and emulator games) without any problems.
    Not all android games will be compatible with the Minix hardware/firmware.
  15. Miguel Roque

Miguel Roque New Member

thanks for the reply
    i have entering on play store and i have tried some games only for testing but only today i have found one the=at works, that doesnt work, traffic racer, fmh2014, and other that i dont remember the name.
    the asphalt is the one that works.
    how work the emulater games? with an emulater i can install games for pc or ps3?
    ty
  16. Higgs

Emulators allow you to play ROMs of older console games (PSX, Sega Megadrive, Nintendo etc). If you google android game emulators you'll gets loads of info.
    You should also check out the General Apps section of the forum for more info on games apps - http://www.minixforum.com/forums/minix-general-android-apps.13/
  17. Miguel Roque

Miguel Roque New Member

just one more thing, where i can see what gamepads are compatible with my minix?
  18. Higgs

Search on the forum. There are quite a few posts regarding gamepads.
  19. mandroid

mandroid Member

Here we go again showbox for TV and movies happy chick emulater for old school game up to psp Dreamcast among others xbmc of course we must not forget grove shark for music and TV portal and video mix magic jack for free phone calls.more soon
  20. STEPAN

STEPAN New Member

Dear Sir

did you succeed on watching TV with ORANGE TV apps ?

i bought the Minix X8H for that.

Thank for your answer