1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Major Apps tested on x8 - x8H

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H, X8 Plus & X8' started by traxdata, Sep 14, 2014.

1. skyzo2000

skyzo2000 Member

I don't know for orange TV but for Mycanal and canalplay , it's works well
  2. alex31x

alex31x New Member

will this box run the free movies download app.
  3. bubblegun

bubblegun New Member

I got an X8H+ for Christmas and I have Sky Go Tablet working fine.
    I'm on the new 002 firmware.
    Box is NOT rooted.
    I'm in the UK.
    Movies and Sports and On Demand all working.
  4. STEPAN

STEPAN New Member

I can answer now because i received the X8H. ORANGE TV doesn't work at all.
    The machine is back to the vendor.
    This is not the problem of the machine but the apps.
    MYTF1 does'nt work at all and the other apps from the same group also.
    With other common apps, the machine is perfect.
  5. H-S

H-S New Member

latest hulu plus force close in latest 002 fw.. crash
  6. king_mongo2k

king_mongo2k New Member

BT Wifi (UK) - wont install. Tried to install manually and still no joy. (Anyone have any suggestions or how to automate login to BT hotspots?)

Google Play mentions:
    "This app is compatible with some of your devices" - "No carrier MBX NEO-X8-H"

Anyone have any ideas on this!?
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  7. br2000ad

br2000ad Member

My skygo working to but does play up abit dont know if its the app..?
    What version you using
  8. tpc

tpc New Member

Video Mix (internet)
    Lynda (Playstore)
    Pluralsight (Playstore)
    Cortana likes this.
  9. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

you guys looking for all addon's for Movies /Music/programs for XBMC look for this Repo... (repository.superrepo.org.helix.all-latest) This will also work with Minix version of XBMC any version really. You will need to know how to install repos. If you don't look on you tube for instructions. . This one has them all no more looking for individual repos.. I tried to upload it here but might not work?

Attached Files:

10. Dowster64

Dowster64 New Member

Hi, I've just bought a minix neo 8h from jb hi fi in Australia and I'm not sure I can fully agree with Paul's endorsement. I bought it for iview only really, however I am very dissapointed, it is very jerky (try watching QI for instance) and voice is out of sync. SBS onDemand initially had no picture, only voice. It wasn't clear in the shop that the browser (or Kit Kat) doesn't support flash so iview is wathced via an app. Anyway, I've downloaded the 002A firmware, updated minix to the beta 8 version (installed firmware) then updated OTA to the 24th dec firmware. I'm sure it's a great box for streaming your own ripped dvds etc but I've got a dvd player whihc works fine. SBS on demand works fine now but iview no good. Are there any setting I can make to imporve this?

I've tried a number of browsers (dolphin with jetpack), flash fox but no success with flash 11.1. It isn't just slow wireless , other devices work fine and can manage (I'm currently cable connected to a wireless n hub on the minix compared to a g connected cheapo laptop). I'm sending this via the minix - no spellcheck on the browser and the pop up keyboard seems to have a mind of its own, so I apologise for the bad spelling,
    Thanks,
    Steve

PS After I wrote this I did some more searching and I realise that, putting it simply, using the device wrongly > I'll try and add a post in the guides that might help people like me get over the first big learning curve of using this device for ABC iview
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  11. anielk

anielk New Member

plex for android has slowmotion scenes and NO that is not in the movie :sneaky:
  12. discordian666

discordian666 New Member

Trying to get Stan TV working (picture works but no sound) anyone tinkering around got this app going yet?
  13. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson New Member

Flixster from the play store wont play any video of film trailers (sound only) and crashes out when you click on a title of a ultraviolet movie :(

NEO X8-H Plus
  14. Hammerhead

Hammerhead Member

I use it for XBMC pretty much 100%.. That's where I watch all the movies, Listen Music.. Just find the Repository. (I uploaded the all in one here) Your good to go.
  15. king_mongo2k

king_mongo2k New Member

Skygo tablet - confirmed - works well (video and sound). Just watch out for the formatting on the main screen (scroll down to see channel list). Using over BT Openzone and still gets decent picture.

BT Sport app - works well too (video really clear, sound good but sometimes out of sync - maybe inherent problem).

Amazon Prime - no joy (what a crap app). Tried using Dolphin browser with flash as work around, logs in ok, but video crashes regularly. Amazon muppets!

BBC iPlayer - not working (menu loads, video doesn't load). Using XMBC work around (which is actually quite good).

Asphalt 8: Airborne - works well. Great graphics for such a small device!

Retroarch - works. No issues noted.
    MAME4droid (0.37b5) - works. No issues noted.
    Neo.emu - works. No issues noted.

HitcherNet - works. Sometimes crashes.

Flud - brilliant torrent app. Works well (apart from writing to ex SD or HHD!)

Acestream (in XBMC) - seems to work initially (drops out sometimes - flaky).

Bugs :

Writing to ex SD card or hdd is dire slow (KK issue?)

new 002 firmware (non-root). UK.
  16. ganksta187um

ganksta187um New Member

Soon to be new minix x8-h plus owner here, glad to see aussie catch up apps workin, how about ufc tv and foxtel go?
  17. jediking

jediking Member

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  18. OleRas

OleRas New Member

Hi

The following 2 apps from Google play do not work on X8H Plus. - Sound ok, but there is no picture, only black screen:
    Dansk Filmskat
    Yousee Play

/Ole
  19. rai

rai Member

According to "Finless" he solved the google+ problem in his firmware. So please Minix can you do the same, so we can start using the missing apps of Google like rhe Photo app?

http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?21272-NEW-Finless-1-1-ROM-for-the-Minix-X8H-PLUS

7) I fixed Google+ (plus) and Google Music APPs so you can install and use these direct from the play store!

You do not need to use the old Google Music Minix provides.

Google+ now shows up in the Play Store where on stock ROM it would not. Even side loading the APK it would not work.
  20. Kollektiv01

Kollektiv01 Member