1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Custom ROM MARTY X8H-PLUS LOLLIPOP SPMC ROM

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by Marty, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Hi Marty,

Thanks for response and link to latest/last version SPMC I'll use this version now, rather than this one which I thought was the latest:- SPMC-17.6a2-spmc-ed022ef-armeabi-v7a
  2. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Hi Marty,

My Minix X8h+ is connected directly to my TV via an HDMI cable, no fancy sound system etc.

I read that you asked not to be asked about HD passthrough.....

However,with respect to my issue with setting the Set Adjust Display Refresh Rate to 'Always', I had a play with the audio settings with the following results:-

With the Allow Passthrough set to off I can set the Set Adjust Display Refresh Rate to 'Alaways' and live TV video stream plays. However, my audio is now quite a few seconds ahead of my video.

If I change the Allow Passthrough set to on, leaving the Set Adjust Display Refresh Rate to 'Always, I get a black screen immediately on my TV as if my HDMI is not connected.

I am not asking how to get Audio Passthrough etc. working, but would you share your android and Kodi audio settings so that I can set mine to the same values as your Minix and get the same results as you.
  3. normy62

normy62 New Member

am using your lollipop rom and have tried the pre installed spmc but when i play a video from either a usb connected directly or from my network it plays for about 30 minutes and then the picture freezes audio continues. this happens with all formats 480p to 1080 p.. i have tried pause and play, rewind & play. stop and resume but it will not play without picture freezing.
    with internet streams it plays for about 15 to 30 seconds and then freezes.. even if i pause it for up to 10 minutes the cache does not fill up and wont play.. it seems ok on 480 p but 720p and up i het this problem
    have got advancedsettings to recommended..
    exactly the same with Kodi 17 and minix xbmc
    is my box ready for retirement/upgrade
  4. Jeffers24

Jeffers24 Active Member

Have you tried SPMC with Marty's settings and Passthrough set to 'OFF'?
  5. normy62

normy62 New Member

I found a solution to the stuttering it only happened on h 264 format so I changed accelerate h 264 to never
    Have amcodec on and both mediacodecs on using spmc 17
    Now I try on kodi 17.6
    Hope this helps others