1. Official MINIX forum -Forum was offline for maintainance during last weekend and is back online now.

MCU Firmware update

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by sasharoo, Jan 30, 2016.

1. sasharoo

sasharoo New Member

Just connected my Neo U1 and going through the firmware updates. All going smooth.
    Next I went to the Settings main page and checked a few of the settings. Then I went into the MCU settings and found that the MCU wants to do a firmware update.
    I have not seen this before, therefore my question is whether anyone has, if so, should I do this update. It seems it will be done just like a regular upgrade (OTA).
    I would appreciate any advice from anyone that has encountered the same issue.
    Thank you
  2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

You can do it, it takes about 3 minutes,
    make sure you DON'T disconnect the power before the update is complete.
    Screen will go black and come back again and don't get panicked. :D
  3. sasharoo

sasharoo New Member

Thanks for the info Ken. You seem to know what it is.
    What is it and what does it do
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

It's a very minor update, we disabled the MCU LED so light won't be leaked out from the USB ports.
    You could skip the update if you feel comfortable with the current status.
  5. cfraser

cfraser Member

Wow, I was just looking around the forum for a good place to ask "what is that blue LED that you can see shining through the USB port(s)?".

I still don't know why there's an internal LED, or know what the MCU is. No update has been offered to me though, I just got the U1 and pretty much everything pre-installed was up-to-date, yet the internal LED is still on. It is slightly useful for inserting a USB stick in the dim lighting where my U1 sits, I use the first USB slot for sticks...