1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Memory use on the X6 - Launchers

Discussion in 'NEO X6' started by dryster, Mar 3, 2017.

1. dryster

dryster Active Member

A couple of questions which I suppose apply to all Minix boxes, but I have the Neo X6 and I'd like to ask specific to that unit.

With the Minix Metro interface, there is an "All tasks Killer" button, is this option unique to that launcher? - I look at all the apps that came with the stock machine and I don't see a standalone task killer. So, if I use the alternate stock kitkat launcher I lose the ability of that button. I know I can add from the play store, but it is confusing that Minix do not provide their task killer besides in the Metro launcher.

Memory use, what is the difference between Minix Metro launcher and the stock Kitkat launcher, again this is complicated because there is no "All tasks killer" with the non Metro launcher, perhaps someone has already done the math to see which is the lighter memory option?
  2. artouiros

artouiros Member

why do you need all task killer button if you can just HOLD menu button for 2 seconds.
  3. dryster

dryster Active Member

I was not aware of that, but that raises the question of why the task killer button exists on the Minix Metro interface...

So perhaps I can answer one of my questions :

If I use stock launcher and restart, then let the unit settle down, looks like 455mb is used. If I change to Metro launcher, the number settles at 465mb so the Metro launcher uses 10mb more than the stock.