1. Official MINIX forum

MINIX Launcher – Customization Ideas

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MINIX - John, Jul 20, 2015.

1. derrgoo

derrgoo New Member

Where can we download the most recent MINIX Launcher?
  2. Peter Barnes

Peter Barnes New Member

What Minix do you have?
  3. derrgoo

derrgoo New Member

Okay, Sorry I didn't understand but just updated to the latest Kitkat and saw the updated launcher....thanks... works for me and looks good.
  4. corganjordan

corganjordan Member

The Android tv interface is only for boxes running 5.0 and above. Im working on a mock up with similar feel to it at the moment, using Nova laucher as a base, as its so sleek and fast, and using Zooper Widgers Pro and photoshop to create the skins.
    MINIX - John likes this.
  5. lasha1980

lasha1980 New Member

good idea for the launcher!!! I like NVidia shield launcher!!! Minix make as NVidia shield launcher, this is a super
  6. PieterB

PieterB New Member

I totally agree that the GUI should be adaptable to one's needs. Folders only if you need them. Otherwise just a grid that can be changed: tile size, color. The Windows Phone 8 start screen is an example how well designed and simple a start screen can be. The current MINIX start screen is ....ehhh.... a bit clumsy.

P.
    jazz and lasha1980 like this.
  7. RaceJay

RaceJay New Member

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  8. Grimag

Grimag New Member

Any news about the new version of the launcher? I guess that there is a lot of work to do, but when can we expect a new version?
  9. red eye

red eye Member

Changing the size of the icon folders would be a good idea , it takes to mutch place on the screen there are to big, maybe can make 2 or 3 size for all icon folders that we can select like :small, medium, big....., changing the place from the icon folders so wee can place it like we want-insert somes widgets on the same screen.....
    Color choice for the icon folders
    Changing wallpaper
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Marm likes this.
  10. Empotempo

Empotempo New Member

Chance to add bookmarks to the main screen.
    Jami Mohammad Khan likes this.
  11. red eye

red eye Member

Now it starts directly kodi when i put my minix on, so kodi is my launcher ;-) no need more
  12. george62

george62 New Member

Hi all, new here and have a minix z64 android and a neo 8h plus, i have the minix metro launcher 1.6 on my z64 is that the latest and if not how or where can i get the updated launcher with the kodi folder instead of the xbmc folder? Thanks in advance
  13. george62

george62 New Member

also i have the latest 20150930 firmware installed on the z64
  14. red eye

red eye Member

Why not use kodi louncher ? You can access to all from kodi.....
  15. george62

george62 New Member

because i want the latest updated minix metro launcher on my box, if there is a newer one then the 1.6 i have then i would like to have it. i saw a photo of one that had the kodi folder instead of the xbmc folder. Anyways i am not always in kodi when i am using my box.
  16. RaceJay

RaceJay New Member

See my previous post.
  17. george62

george62 New Member

Hi Jay I saw your post and downloaded the apk but it would not install over the previous minix launcher because of both having the same signatures
  18. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/index.php?posts/76917

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
  19. george62

george62 New Member

Thanks Higgs(y)
  20. premiump

premiump Member

Is there any further news on the ability to customize the standard launcher? Cheers.
    chris davies and Maario like this.