1. Official MINIX forum

Product Announcement MINIX NEO U9-H

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Gh0st, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The dark colour has been fixed in the next firmware release, I'd say hang on and you'll definitely see a difference from the x8-h plus.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    Geoff Boardman likes this.
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

i don't understand this issue that some people are having with their U9 and the colors being to dark.....mine appears just fine and i haven't done anything except just swap out the U1 for the U9 in the same HDMI port that the U1 was in....all menus, playback seem just as they were before..if not slightly better !

I see that their is a firmware fix coming along though......maybe my eyes aren't what they used to be when it comes to colour depth!
  3. NoelBelanger

NoelBelanger New Member

Thanks for the feedback
  4. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

There is clearly a color issue, even the minix interface is too dark, it's difficult to change options in setting.
    Hard to see in movies anyway...

Sent by my S7 edge
  5. Higgs

Actually I haven't noticed any difference either, but in saying that I haven't watched much on it yet, just set it up to test it.
  6. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Viewing the Forum I noticed the text is so much more difficult to read with the U9 compared to the U1.
  7. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

Yep web browsing isn't very good at all... I actually booked an eye test thinking my lamp oil was running out!

But that said, things will improve with fw004, the actions the minix team have taken in such a short time just shows this is the best supported brand in the market.
  8. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

I would tend to agree with @Frederick_99 , I have the U1 and U9 on the same Tv using a small 4 port switch ..... switched back to the U1 just to update Kodi and I thought actually the U9 looked better !
  9. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

My movies were really dark in XBMC until I bumped the brightness up to 65. Didn't notice it being dark anywhere else though

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
  10. Higgs

After watching a few videos this evening I believe the reason i haven't noticed the 'dark' issue is down to the dynamic picture mode I am using on my Samsung TV. If i change to any other picture mode the picture becomes very dark.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
    sangaz, skynet and Villa like this.
  11. Zorann

Zorann New Member

Hi all!
    How the power button works?
    I can`t "On" my U9-H with remote. Only "Off".
    Or the second combination. If I press "Power" button, U9-H goes to "Off" and immediately to "On".
    And power diode never light green like stated in User manual.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017 at 7:13 PM
  12. Credo77

Credo77 New Member

Hi there

How big Sd card can i use with u9? I have tried two 128gb , and it dit not work, i also have problem with kodi 17, I cant install adds on, any help?
  13. Snakebite

Snakebite Moderator Moderator

U9 should be able to support 128GB micro sd after fw004, bug has already been highlighted
    What issues are you having installing addons, have you been able to add any repos? Settings>file manager>add source...
  14. Zorann

Zorann New Member

Anyone, anything? :(
  15. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Have you tried to push remote power button longer time ?
  16. Zorann

Zorann New Member

Thanks anyone. With A3 remote all is O.K.
    And I was confused with "CEC" on Tv and "Sleep" comand on Kodi and include IR remote.