1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Minix Neo x7 and Netflix HD

Discussion in 'NEO X7 Custom ROMs, Kernels & Discussion' started by fefo.gautier, Apr 14, 2016.

1. fefo.gautier

fefo.gautier Member Beta Tester

Hello everyone and specially HG. I've been searching in multiple forums an answer and even a solution for this problem. Being this device one of my favorites, it turns into a frustrating device when I realized that Netflix app only do the streaming content in 480p resolution. It seems that all have to do with DRM wevine protection that only allow some android devices to run real HD content as WeeTek Core and Nvidia Shield.
    Is there any solution to this?
    Thanks,

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk
  2. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

It's been discussed here several times. If you want, search: Netflix in the search engine of this forum to find the threads. Basically, minix's hardware could handle netflix hd with no problems. Sadly, it's netflix's policy to restrict most of the brands and devices to sd.
  3. fefo.gautier

Thank you for answering....
    Sadly, it seems that the only way to solve this is trough Netflix.
    Anyway, yesterday I saw a post from xda developers doing some code things in android devices to alter this...do you have any idea?

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI P7-L10 mediante Tapatalk
  4. ENDRJUPL

ENDRJUPL Well-Known Member Super Moderator

I don't know if they can change it. I hope they will succeed. We have to wait and see.
  5. fefo.gautier

Hello, again. Anyone with a solution for this thread? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk