1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Minix neo x8-h 2gb ram ?

Discussion in 'X8 - X8H Official Firmware 002' started by QuicksilverCZ, Jan 25, 2015.

1. QuicksilverCZ

QuicksilverCZ Member

I have a question minix states for devices 2GB of RAM but it shows me only around 1,600 megabytes ..... such versions X7 shows around 1,900 megabytes Why does x8 less memory? Than indicated?
  2. georgica81

georgica81 New Member

I'm curious too... my dad's x7 shows 1500-1600 MB RAM free vs. my x8-h 1100-1200. about the same "apps" loaded. fresh after the reboot.
  3. QuicksilverCZ

QuicksilverCZ Member

Next, I wonder why the installation is only 2GB? U X7 has 4 gigabytes There's just a few of my apk and it's almost full. I believe the only wrong version fw. Perhaps in the development time gets .... Kar, Gufone, and Guru. Since version 4.4.2 X7 is the fastest and best fw with Minix !!!
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

4K products need more RAM reserved for the GPU.
    It's 4 times of 1080p
  5. MINIX - Ken

X7 has 2GB RAM instead of 4GB, and running at lower DDR speed than X8, which is limited by the memory controller.
  6. MINIX - Ken

Long press the menu button or using the "All tasks killer" could free up some RAM.
  7. QuicksilverCZ

QuicksilverCZ Member

I had in mind when you have a memory 16 GB so it gave divides uz I saw it going to increase .On the other devices instead of 10 gigabytes and 12 gigabytes to 2 gigabytes instead of installing an application is 4 gigabytes Do not believe that would do this bore. Thanks