1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

BUG!! MINIX Neo X8-H Plus bad wifi?

Discussion in 'NEO X8-H Plus' started by bluetech7, Jul 8, 2017.

1. bluetech7

bluetech7 New Member

I bought the MINIX Neo X8-H Plus in 2015 and it is my 3rd MINIX product (1st NEO G4, 2nd X7mini).
    I bought it mainly for the 4k output.

My X7mini continues to work great, although now that I have the X8-H+ I realize that for some reason when I connect the A2 remote OR my logitech K400 keyboard, I get a less jittery/longer range from X8-H+. I'm not sure what the deal is with this.

The main reason for this post is my constant frustration with the X8-H+ wifi. Every time I try to stream a movie, the wifi loses its connection and I have to restart the movie, or YouTube, or whatever else requires a reliable internet connection. Since I first set it up, until today... constant frustration with the wifi dropping the internet connection!!!!!

As you know, it takes a while to setup these boxes and fidget with all the settings, and give it a chance before you prejudge whether the product is bad or you just haven't set it up right, and reading forum posts to see if anyone else is struggling with the same issue... time goes by and I'm finally getting around to posting on the MINIX forum in 2017!

Obviously my window has gone by to return the product! So now what do I do? throw it away (USD$140)? can I get it repaired? Do I try buying a new one? The windows 10 minix looks interesting. I would like to try that one, but now I'm scared to buy another minix product. I would probably be happy if my X8-H+ would just work the way it is supposed to and not drop the wifi connection every couple minutes! It would be cool it minix could help me out, even if it's been so long. I'd like to redeem my happiness and confidence in minix products.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    YAZombie likes this.
  2. dirkdiggler

dirkdiggler Member

I've not had these issues at all. However after upgrading to lollipop the x8h-plus works much faster without sound dropping.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
  3. Grippy Man

Grippy Man Active Member

I'm depending mostly on lan. I guess WiFi cannot beat its lan of this specific device. Nevertheless, I always caught with poor performance on WiFi while lan is much faster, and no matter you are using lollipop or kitkat you'll find WiFi a bit slower than lan.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
  4. YAZombie

YAZombie New Member

I've suddenly started suffering from the exact same problem, and I can't tell what causes it. I've tried with several routers, same problem with all of them; I've tried resetting to factory settings, and unscrewing+rescrewing the antenna too. I first discovered it after updating to Lollipop RC2, and I really don't think it existed previous to that. I've since reverted to FW011 and keep suffering from the same problem. Because I "just" have to go to settings, deactivate/reactivate wifi to recover my wifi connection, I daresay it seems to be a software problem, so some help would be welcome.
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017