1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

minix neo x8h plus and A2 lite ...problem's

Discussion in 'NEO A2 Lite' started by kostas papadopoulos, May 15, 2017.

1. kostas papadopoulos

kostas papadopoulos New Member

Hello,

I have minix neo-x8h-plus with the latest firmware (4.4.2) and the Minix A2 Lite Air Mouse. The problem that I have is that the back button it doesn’t work properly. I have to push it several times in order to “work”. I thought that it was problem of my device…but another friend that it has the same hardware has the same problem.

Another “problem” that I have to report is that when I push the power button, the device doesn’t start. (like in nimix neo u1)

Please inform me if you have solutions for my problems.

Thank you in advance.
  2. mark2

mark2 Active Member

The power button to start the box isn't meant to work on the X8H-P only the U1 and up
  3. kostas papadopoulos

kostas papadopoulos New Member

I know that. But due to the upcoming software update for the x8h plus...in order to take kodi 17.1....... Don't forget to put this in the features.
  4. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Nothing to do with software
  5. dryster

dryster Active Member

The power button on the MINIX NEO X8-H Plus is a physical button on the unit, so the A2 Lite remote power button (IR) will never work unless the TV box is placed in some sort of sleep mode, which I don't particularly want, very happy for the unit to be off. Really off.
  6. dryster

dryster Active Member

In the new version of the firmware, I would like MINIX to include a sandwich maker.
  7. mark2

mark2 Active Member

The problem @kostas papadopoulos got is this will never work on the X8H-P
    the reason being the hardware to do this is not in the box so no software will ever make it work
    On the U1 you can switch the box on from being off with power button on the remote
    You don't even need the dongle in the box to switch on (only) as the U1 as the hardware to do this
    for all other uses you do need dongle
  8. dryster

dryster Active Member

There is a specific forum for these requests though, but I expect that as @mark2 says, the X8H-P is hardware based, not firmware based, a physical button not a virtual button (ie, sleep mode, power always on, standby mode) so even if it was a desirable item, it's not possible. I actually dislike devices that consume power all the time in standby mode, with some it's unavoidable.