1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

MINIX NEO Z83-4 V1.7 BIOS Update

Discussion in 'NEO Z83-4' started by MINIX - John, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Sa7375

Sa7375 New Member

Thanks. My one is showing CHTOA170. Would that be correct?
  2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

(y)
  3. Sa7375

Sa7375 New Member

Wonder if you have some experience with imaging. I have an Acronis 2016 UEFI Bootable USB-stick. It boots fine but doesn't see the internal eMMC drive, hence I can't create an image of Win 10. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
  4. Crispy

Crispy New Member

Running the update.bat I get

update
    C:\Users\******\Desktop\MINIX Z83-4-V170-update-BIOS-within-system\MINIX Z83-4 V170 update BIOS within system>afuwinx64.exe CHT0A170.BIN /P /B /N /X /R
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | AMI Firmware Update Utility v5.08.00 |
    | Copyright (C)2015 American Megatrends Inc. All Rights Reserved. |
    +---------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    46 - Error: Problem getting flash information.

Any ideas?

C
  5. Crispy

Crispy New Member

Sorry - Disabled BIOS protection and it ran. But still no SD Card! Arrrrgh!

After a full OS wipe and reinstall, about eight hours of windows updates and BIOS update I find that a little disappointing.
  6. Villa

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    Sa7375 likes this.
  7. Crispy

Crispy New Member

So back to an unsigned win8 driver. http://www.minixforum.com/threads/possible-solution-sd-card-problem.16628/ - incidentally I found it necessary to disable driver signing at the BIOS level, test mode alone was not sufficient.
  8. Sa7375

Sa7375 New Member

Thanks, Villa. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Going the WinPE route was much too long, hence I tried creating a boot disk with Acronis TI 2017 that solved the problem. It worked flawlessly and I was able to successfully create an image of my W10 in under 4-minutes.

To benefit others, I've created and posted my experience in a new thread titled "Creating USB Boot-Disk (Step-by-Step) and Acronis Imaging" about 30 minutes ago.

9. Villa

10. mrbt

mrbt New Member

Change log for this bios update??
  11. Dome

Dome New Member

not working.

I downloaded, yes and placed into C: however, despite I ran it as administrator and authorized to proceed after win 10 security warning, nothing happened.