1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

MINIX new release?

Discussion in 'MINIX Requests & Wishes' started by rmulraine, Jan 10, 2017.

1. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Does Minix has a new box on the way with updated specs?
  2. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

One is on the way .... U9 Date TBD.
  3. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Ok Hope the specs is mind blowing cause am thinking of moving from Minix to Nvidia shield through because of not updating the Android OS on my x8h plus.
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Hmmm, let's not start this again! o_O

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/u9.14187/
    the0bone and midnight like this.
  5. frank 566

frank 566 New Member

Quality product yes, but give me a break with "good support". Those like me who are stuck with OS 4.4.2 on their X8 h plus are not all right with your responce! Ans yes we DO need a OS upgrade to keep up with Kodi........:mad:
  6. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Over 2 years of support/firmware updates i would call that "good support"
    midnight and Dubrov like this.
  7. Spellbound

Spellbound Member

I would call it good if bugs were ironed out that people are still reporting.

Bugs that have either been there from the start or introduced with a firmware update but never addressed.
  8. Jaro

Jaro New Member

Sorry, this is not a "good support". I have a dell latitude notebook that came with Windows XP and during the years I installed win Vista, Win 7, Win 8 and now Win 10. And I still get bios and driver updates and full support for this notebook. Stucking to Android 4.4. is a shame!
  9. Villa

But surely Dell or Microsoft did not offer this support directly!
    It was your choice to change Windows versions and I expect that would incur a cost if you do it legally!
    The Android world appears to function in a different way. New devices are being released and constantly being improved much more quickly than your average PC/laptop.
  10. Jaro

Jaro New Member

I dare to disagree. I bought my iphone with iOS7 (or 8, I do not remember), now I have 10.2. without any additional cost. My son has Moto G that came with Android 4.1 now he has 6 on it. No cost, no problems, all works. That's because these producers care about their customers. It seems that the only important thing for Minix was to sell. They do not care about keeping customers happy. This way they risk that some of the customers would not by Minix anymore. I believe that I deserve good treaty for 150EUR that I paid for Minix.
  11. mark2

mark2 Active Member

So you got a laptop that is over 10 years old that still gets get" bios and driver updates and full support for this notebook" and it runs windows 10
    what model would that be then because i find that hard to believe
    Villa likes this.
  12. Villa

I have an old PC running Windows XP and I believe it will not run Windows 7! :confused:
  13. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Lesson learned then should have bought dell :cry:
  14. Jaro

Jaro New Member

Well, hard to believe but true. Latitude E6420. You can check Dell site, bios from 2012 till 2016. But as I mentioned, it's not only this, there are other examples with iPhone and Motorola that I mentioned. Even if there was no example, Minix web site says it is the "most advanced media box for Android". Here we are talking about product that is 2 years old so we cannot say that it is too old to be supported!
  15. mark2

mark2 Active Member

So your dell latitude E6420 which you state above " I have a dell latitude notebook that came with Windows XP"
    this laptop was launched in 2011 with Windows 7 try that thing Google it's good for information
    so yes hard to believe
  16. Jaro

Jaro New Member

OK, Mark2, I give up. I do not want to go deeper into this discussion as it seems you are leading this totally opposite direction from real problem. This is a forum about Minix. Dell, iPhone, and Moto G I used to illustrate the issue with Minix. It is 2 years old system and as such must be supported especially if Minix claims it's the most advanced media box for Android. It's a big shame on them.
  17. midnight

For the life of me I don't understand....are all minix devices still not running and running well, even very old ones, X5 etc..... I would say that's support !!Countless updates tweaks, minix xbmc versions. People talk about Kodi 17, need it etc ! I have it on my Laptop other than the look I don't see what all the worry or need is all about. My U1 is still using Minix's version of Kodi , all the great adddons still work well.
    When you say " real problem" ...what is it :unsure:

Another fyi.....I have a three year old Dell Vostro desk top i5. I've had a number of issues with drivers, usb ports stop working randomly, when I call for tech support .... nothing until I give them my credit card number :mad:
    mark2 likes this.
  18. Villa

And that look is only because it has a new skin! o_O
    I switched my Sony laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and lost all support from Sony. Now the Blu-ray drive is lacking drivers! :mad:
    May well be going back to 7. :confused:

Give me your credit card number and I'll see if I can help you!!! :D
    midnight likes this.
  19. Jaro

Jaro New Member

Midnight, apparently you did not read this thread from the beginning. I do not care about Kodi 17, 16 works fine. But any new hw or new sw (in my case it is a keyboard and virtual set-top-box in Android from my IPTV provider) works only from 5 above. And Minix people for sure know about it and what do they do? Nothing, that's not good support.

Regarding your laptop, well, what to say? If you want to have good support you have to buy business model, they come with nbd support, not Vostro.
  20. midnight

I posted second in this thread ..... I read it all ! I did not say you were concerned about Kodi 17o_O Just stating my opinion and some facts. Quite frankly, there are bigger things in life to worry about ! When I add up the enjoyment that I and my family have gotten out of these devices and even if they were to stop working tomorrow I feel I've gotten my monies worth (y) would I be happy , of course not ! ...... I've done the FTA deal and few other things that I'm not going to mention but I'm sure some of you will know what I'm talking about :whistle:

I get it ..... nothing last or works forever !!

Cheers !
    sangaz likes this.