1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Minix U-9

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by rmulraine, Mar 5, 2017.

1. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Would the Minix U9-H would be updated to Android 7.0?

2. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

Most likely to be 7.1.1, not 7.0.

3. rmulraine

rmulraine New Member

Ok that would be really great!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

4. Nenito2k

Nenito2k Guest

kingsizept likes this.
  5. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

"A not-so-good news is that internal storage partitions have changed, which means most current TV boxes are unlikely to get an update, because it may not be possible to perform OTA update"

At least we have reserved the partition since day 1 we started shipping out the products...

kpk1 and Cyberman like this.
  6. Nenito2k

Nenito2k Guest

great !

7. rchads89

rchads89 New Member

Sorry to bump up an old thread but is there defo going to happen with the u-9 being upgraded to android 7.1 if so I will buy one . Thanks

8. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

9. rchads89

rchads89 New Member

10. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Forum rules !

" Don't ask for releases dates! Firmwares or updates or bug fixes will be released only when ready. All posts asking for ETA will be deleted without comments ";)

pusb87 likes this.
  11. rchads89

rchads89 New Member

That is one very lame rule. Fair enough plenty of other devices about.

Boby likes this.
  12. midnight

You may think it's lame but rules are rules ! Think about what the forums would be filled with if people were allowed to ask for dates on OS upgrades, firmware upgrades etc.......If you are going to abandon a brand because of a rule you deem " Lame " so be it ! I wish you well ;)

Menorca Man likes this.
  13. Gh0st

Gh0st Australia's Finest Since 1981 Administrator

One simple reason I decided on that rule when this forum was created...
    MINIX would give an ETA, 80% of people don't understand the E in ETA stands for Estimated.
    So MINIX would say ETA for new firmware is mid-June, starting from the 10th of June we would get 100s of angry people bitching that MINIX deceived them because it hadn't arrived yet.
    So a lame rule it may be but it's in place to deal with lame people with no grasp of how software development goes.

I will bend the rules just this one time and say that MY (no affiliation with MINIX) estimate is to not expect it before the latter half of the year, MINIX have to wait for the SDK from AMLogic, then near on start from scratch.
    I wont be expecting it before November at the very least and January before it's nice and stable.

midnight, sangaz, Villa and 2 others like this.
  14. MacB

MacB Member

i have probs people hunting for updates (even upgrades)...
    but anybody who likes ;-)
    greetinx'

15. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

What are you talking about? o_O

16. rchads89

rchads89 New Member

That's fine, for the record I must be one of those 20% of people then if I know its coming thats good enough for me, I can wait! What I didn't want to do is buy a box and have to buy another next year. That is what I was getting at.

Boogaloo likes this.
  17. Rafvirgo

Rafvirgo New Member

Hello. I do not need to know the date of release of the new version of the software, please only inform whether it will be available at all?

My frimware is FW007A 20171020

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A3003 przy użyciu Tapatalka

18. midnight

I'm not an employee of MINIX and find out things at the same time everyone else does but I'm sure it will happen !:)

19. MINIX - John

MINIX - John MINIX Team Member Administrator

Yes, further updates will be made available for NEO U9-H.

Basko likes this.