1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

BUG!! MINIX X5 dark images and videos

Discussion in 'NEO X5' started by stefanokan, Apr 7, 2016.

1. stefanokan

stefanokan New Member

In latest firmware V250 the video and the images are darker than previous V240 and V230.
    This appears to be a regression, this is a problem that was been fixed in the past.
    Do you know if any fix is coming?
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

As far as i know nothing has been changed compared with 240.

Kar

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G903F met Tapatalk
  3. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Nothing changed from 240 to 250 in that matter
  4. stefanokan

stefanokan New Member

I have loaded the v250 after a full reset. So i used RESTORE and not UPGRADE.
    I have darker image and videos with loose of details in black tonality.
    I tried all HLS mode rebooting after the change.
    I tried to change from 1980x1080 60 Hz to lower density and refresh rate but nothing is changed.
    Have you got any suggestion?
  5. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

6. KAR

KAR Developer Super Moderator

Is it witn a certain app?

KAR
  7. stefanokan

stefanokan New Member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  8. stefanokan

stefanokan New Member

I've done a test.
    I loaded V240.
    The problem is disappered.
    Dark colors are ok.
    So i can confirm that in V250 there is a bug.
  9. Than33

Than33 New Member

I've made update from v240 and there is dark bug. It was there on very first roms and then it was repaired with first community edition. The worst is that you can't downgrade to v240 without formware flash by USB and that will delete everything. I really don't want to configure everything from start.

PLEASE preapre v240 FULL OTA without version check!
  10. stefanokan

stefanokan New Member

You can try to backup, then flash v240, then restore backup.
    If I remember well there is an option to make backup with the flash utility.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  11. Than33

Than33 New Member

I've gave up. I have reflashed v240 by USB cable and lost everything, but now I have correct brightness and gamma.

WARNING TO ALL: DO NOT INSTALL/UPDATE To V250! It has totally incorrect brightness settings!

NOTE TO ROM DEVELOPERS:
    You should delete V250 and remove it from OTA update until bug will be fixed!
  12. creeek

creeek New Member

Thanks Than33, you have answered my question I asked on the main forum, regarding which is the best firmware version, where optical output works AND the brightness is shown correctly, which I KNOW has plagued this Minix Neo (video out too DARK!)

I will now try 240.
    I am currently using 220, which is fine, except there is no output from the optical out, which I now recently would like to have!