1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

MINIX XBMC 16.3 Problem

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by Xmode, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Xmode

Xmode New Member

I dont know where to post, (sorry)
    i just want to report a bug where when i play an .mp4 files the XBMC lags. (2 gig file)
    no choice but to remove the power since the device is not responding
    cleared the cache in recovery and in XBMC, the movie played but when i skip forward it lags again and needed to remove the power again.

revert back to 15.3 and all is well

Minix U1, (just updated to latest FW OTA 009)

2. 9800pro

9800pro Active Member

They will probably ask you for a sample file so prepare one in advance. Without it it's impossible to tell what's happening in your case.

Sent from my LG G2

3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

FYI - Latest FW is 009A

4. Xmode

Xmode New Member

I think ill just trim it. and attached it here. ill do it later (im @ work right now)

@Villa,
    Thanks for the info, i think im @009A since i only updated last night.

5. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

sangaz, Villa and kingsizept like this.
  6. Xmode

Xmode New Member

7. zeljko62

zeljko62 New Member

New xmbc works great. Thank Minix team. PoZZ

8. otchill

otchill Member

can i use this xbmc beta release with neo x7 installed last official firmware?

9. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

10. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

Yes, ever since the latest OTA update I have been having huge problems. I am running xbmc v16.3 for minix, and am having the same freezing/non response that you are reporting. The ONLY way to recover is to remove power.

But last night something happened which makes me think it may be audio stream related. I never had any issues with audio before the recent firmware update. Now audio appears to not going through passthrough properly. At least that is the conclusion I am starting to come to.

I am going to rollback xbmc to v16 or 15.3 to see if that makes a difference, and if not, I will look for a previous firmware version to do a rollback. The current situitation is no longer acceptable and must be fixed ASAP. If not, and if I cannot resolve it with a rollback, then I will be forced to scrap the U1 and start looking for another brand.

11. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

Update

Ok, I think I have it resolved. I had to go back to v15.3 to get it working properly again. The issue as I stated above IS audio related, at least for me, anyway.

In my case, I use passthrough with output to optical SPDIF to feed to my Denon AV Receiver. The problem occus if I try to send Digital Dolby Plus, DTS-HD or TrueHD audio streams. My AV Receiver is supposed to be able to handle these streams.

Under v16 (dot zero, I presume) or v16.3, if I have these enabled under audio, I get a picture, but no audio. If I disable them in audio, then the U1 hangs and requires removal of power to recover. Under v15.3 enabling them gives a picture but no audio. However, when disabled I get picture and audio.

So there would appear to be two issues under v16+:

1: Why does passthrough not work properly when audio enabled?
    2: Why does disabling these items under audio not work as it did in v15.3?

Hope that helps somebody.

12. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you could also benefit from reading this >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S/PDIF

13. Lesboy72

Lesboy72 New Member

Hi,

I reinstalled version 16.3 and unfortunately now does not scan video files properly! Does not assign the data. Anything from TMDB, and Universal Movie Scrapper can partially scan the files.

15.3 and 17.4, scanning is OK, but it will not work under 16.3.

What should I do to get it back to work?