1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Beta Release MINIX XBMC 17.4 Beta

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by SaEt9000, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Nuno Craveiro

Nuno Craveiro New Member

I've tried 17.4 beta on my Neo X6 running beta firmware lollipop. With amcodec enabled it works fine for 10 seconds before stuttering badly, streaming a 1080p video file. It worked better with mediacodec enabled, turning off both amocodec and mediacodec surface, and frame rate auto switch on start and stop. The video doesn't play smooth though.

2. augur

augur Member

Out of curiosity why wasn't this v17 built so it could be installed alongside the 16.3 so everyone could test it out without having to replace their 16.3 install. I know I'd like to try it out, just not enough to be without the stable, fully functioning (for me), and configured just how I want it 16.3 I've had for the last nine plus months.

3. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

just create a backup.....presumably you would want to try that out on minix 17.4 anyway
    but i can save you time...minix 17.4 beta is terrible

Villa likes this.
  4. je73

je73 New Member

I just tried Minix Kodi 17.4 on my U1. The audio is out of sync and and the video is stuttering

5. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Minix 17.4 beta is unstable currently, I would suggest rolling back to 17.3

je73 likes this.
  6. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

New Issue with the XBMC for Minix 17.4 Beta on U9H.

4K video from Panasonic cameras (FZ1000, GH4, GH5 and GX85) will not play. These are video files straight from the cameras mentioned. Not edited or rendered.

The exact same files play fine using other media players on the U9H.

7. Lock

Lock Member

I guess the only solution would be Minix guys contacting KODI developers and find a deal on development.
    As it's now, every time Minix devs make a release enough stable, KODI releases a new version and it's all wasted work.

At the moment I'm just waiting for KODI arriving on Xbox One/Apple TV or similar and then I'll get rid of Minix. It's a very cool and nice device, but I wasn't able to have a really stable version of KODI since when I bought it (except using Open ELEC, but I can't use a device only for KODI. :(

8. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

I have an update on the 4K Panasonic SOOC (straight out of camera) video files.

I decided to install the lasest Kodi (17.4) on my U9H to see how it handles the SOOC files.

Well, good news and bad news. Kodi did play the 100Mbps 4:2:0 8 bit SOOC files without issue, but totally failed to play the 150Mbps 4:2:2 10 bit SOOC files.

9. Eyecu

Eyecu New Member

Is there any work being done on 17.4. It's been almost a month and a half since the last update for it. Any of the devs working on it could chime in, I'd much rather use minix-xbmc over stock kodi, but at some point soon will have to change over as more and more services switch to ssl.

10. David03

David03 New Member

After installing MINIX XBMC 17.4 (and testing 17.3) and testing, these are the folowing issues: 1. Passthrough for HD audio does not work(DTS-HDMA, DTS-X, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos) only DTS and AC3 work. 2. Video files freeze during playback. 3. A/V issues and video stuttering. So I will be sticking with Kodi 17.4 and SPMC 16.7 where I have HD passthrough and smooth video playback.

11. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

Have yet to try this beta but regarding the audio passthrough, did you check the audio passthrough settings as by default only ac3 & dts is enabled, the rest aren't enabled. I forgot about that the other week and I couldn't get dolby atmos to work on my yamaha amp, then I remembered I had factory reset my minix box and re-installed everything & I hadn't enabled all the passthrough audio options in the settings.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. David03

David03 New Member

Yes, after installing I checked off all the audio formats in Kodi. What I think that they should add is AAC decoded to LPCM like they did with the U9 so I can use files with LPCM 5.1-7.1. but thanks anyway for the tip.

13. blizzard

blizzard Member

@Villa @MINIX - Ken Kodi v17.5 final is out, can we expect a MINIX version based on the latest 17.5 build?

Looking forward to do some testing with the new build and see bugfixes!
    Thanks in advance!

14. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

I wouldn't have a clue? I'm not a developer!

Also, I tend to use Kodi not MINIX XBMC.

15. blizzard

blizzard Member

16. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Afraid not!

I was merely making reference to @MINIX - Ken's post, hidden in the X8-H PLUS Lollipop RC2 firmware (July 2017) thread, so we can all access this app when we need to.

As and when I see a new release I update the thread. (y)

blizzard likes this.
  17. otchill

otchill Member

Team,

Is there any news regarding to final version of minix_XMBC on the build of kodi?

Another question; is it possible to use this new minix_XBMC with android 4.4.2?

thanks in advance your feedback

18. CLT

CLT New Member

What’s the point in this release?
    Can someone please enlighten me?

Behind the curve and more issues than official release.

19. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

I personally use Kodi 17.6 from the Play Store and works 100%. However, what I do is use my SD card as the directory for the data, leaving the internal storage free. You can do that by creating an xml file and place it in the root of the MINIX. Then create the Kodi_Data folder on the SD card and when you start Kodi for the first time, it uses the SD card instead. This way performance isn't reduced. Just ensure that you have a good fast SD card to give you the best read/write speeds.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

20. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

just curious....what advantages do you think you have by doing this ?