1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Beta Release MINIX XBMC 17.4 Beta

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by SaEt9000, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

More storage space for the system to use and doesn't restrict the additional fanart ie posters, banners, logos etc etc. I think my local data on the internal storage is about 1mb, if you want to use your minix to play games and install other apps, this solution is definitely something to consider

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  2. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

ok thanks, cant think I'm ever going to use more than a couple of gigs for kodi storage though and I don't use minix for games
  3. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

It depends on how much media you have. For example, I have a 8TB NAS on my network. If you use fanart with all the bells and whistles ie addons etc, it keeps the MINIX free and optimised. People here have said that they can't use the official Kodi from the Play Store for some reason. They say it's sluggish etc and buggy. But that's not what I experience myself on my U1. I wanted someone else here to maybe try what I've suggested and see if they achieve better performance and stability. I'm not doing anything special other than using the SD card for the data.

4. CAnder

CAnder New Member

Hi,

I've downloaded both 17.3 and 17.4 onto my Minix U1 running v5.1.1, but both fail almost immediately when run. I am able to re-run the 16.3 apk which is the current version I'm using.

I'm using the app installer.

I haven't seen any other forum entries complaining of this problem, so are there steps I'm missing?

Thanks for the help
  5. CAnder

CAnder New Member

Actually, the question was asked and answered; I hadn't removed the old version first.

Sorry for not checking before posting.
  6. Acidica

Acidica New Member

Is anybody else having passthrough issues on this release? I cant get HD audio like DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD to work. When I start a movie my reciever says PCM and I get no audio. DTS works though, and yes I have checked the boxes that I have a capable reciever. I have all my movies stored on google drive and I play them through the Gdisk addon. The only version I dont have any issues with regarding playback is the old XBMC 16.3 Minix edition. If I use the regular play store Kodi (17.6) I have no issue with the passthrough audio but the movies stutters and buffers all the time on high bitrate 4k movies. Thats why I really want to use a Minix edition of Kodi since it seems more optimized for my Minix box (makes sense yeah?). But until I can get the passthrough to work correctly I'll stick to the good'old XBMC 16.3.
  7. imij

imij New Member

i am also running U1 with Kodi 17.6 from play store. Locks up android box every time i use an add on.
    Minix xbmc version same issue and no pass thru for Ac3 or 5.1 sound.
    Was wondering how root was modified and what was used to edit root of android?
    hoping i have same results as you?
  8. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

What Addons are you using? I use basic addons such as artwork, music and movie scrapers. If you have too many, you will have the box lock up due to lack of memory. If that's the case, you nerd to buy another Android TV Box with 3Gb or preferably 4Gb of memory as standard. Also check how many apps are running simultaneously, again would suggest lack of memory.

9. imij

imij New Member

Thank you for reply. ...
    I reset box and had only 3 add ons running.
    Box freezes and goes to black screen or restarts in Kodi.
    Doesnt happen with other two add ons.
    I am assuming its lack of memory and needs usb as sd card.
    Question is what programs and how to achieve to get 17.6 to operate with passthru surround sound?
    You appear to have achieved that?
  10. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

I'm not doing anything special as such. I have a CLASS 10 64GB SD Card (faster the better). Then I use the SD Card to install all the Kodi data leaving the main Kodi app doing its own thing without clogging up the internal storage. I have artwork, music, movie and TV scrapers installed as Addons, using FUSE theme from the repository. I also have ALL my files ie movies, TV and music on my 8TB NAS server attached to my router by LAN cable. So my Kodi isnt pressured at all, it simply takes the video/music file via WiFi and streams it to every device on my network simultaneously. My 8TB NAS is formatted in NTFS. Never had any issues with 17.6 from the Play Store. But perhaps my set up is what's making it work flawlessly?

11. imij

imij New Member

Adam are you also running Libre Elec, if so on Ui what platform are you using Linux and 64 bit?
  12. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

Nope straight MINIX U1 LOLLIPOP 5.1.1 firmware and running NOVA Launcher. As I said I'm running it just fine.

13. imij

imij New Member

wow. ...i am absolutely lost.
    I have sd card and cannot find the appropriate info on you tube etc. to indicated how to access root and create files .
    Is there a example of how to do this, for dummy's somewhere?
  14. imij

imij New Member

have mada all changes and Minix freezes still everytime i try to use kodi.