1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Beta Release MINIX XBMC 17.4 Beta

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by SaEt9000, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

More storage space for the system to use and doesn't restrict the additional fanart ie posters, banners, logos etc etc. I think my local data on the internal storage is about 1mb, if you want to use your minix to play games and install other apps, this solution is definitely something to consider

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

ok thanks, cant think I'm ever going to use more than a couple of gigs for kodi storage though and I don't use minix for games
  3. Adam Foreman

Adam Foreman Member

It depends on how much media you have. For example, I have a 8TB NAS on my network. If you use fanart with all the bells and whistles ie addons etc, it keeps the MINIX free and optimised. People here have said that they can't use the official Kodi from the Play Store for some reason. They say it's sluggish etc and buggy. But that's not what I experience myself on my U1. I wanted someone else here to maybe try what I've suggested and see if they achieve better performance and stability. I'm not doing anything special other than using the SD card for the data.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
  4. CAnder

CAnder New Member

Hi,

I've downloaded both 17.3 and 17.4 onto my Minix U1 running v5.1.1, but both fail almost immediately when run. I am able to re-run the 16.3 apk which is the current version I'm using.

I'm using the app installer.

I haven't seen any other forum entries complaining of this problem, so are there steps I'm missing?

Thanks for the help
  5. CAnder

CAnder New Member

Actually, the question was asked and answered; I hadn't removed the old version first.

Sorry for not checking before posting.
  6. Acidica

Acidica New Member

Is anybody else having passthrough issues on this release? I cant get HD audio like DTS-HDMA and Dolby TrueHD to work. When I start a movie my reciever says PCM and I get no audio. DTS works though, and yes I have checked the boxes that I have a capable reciever. I have all my movies stored on google drive and I play them through the Gdisk addon. The only version I dont have any issues with regarding playback is the old XBMC 16.3 Minix edition. If I use the regular play store Kodi (17.6) I have no issue with the passthrough audio but the movies stutters and buffers all the time on high bitrate 4k movies. Thats why I really want to use a Minix edition of Kodi since it seems more optimized for my Minix box (makes sense yeah?). But until I can get the passthrough to work correctly I'll stick to the good'old XBMC 16.3.