1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release MINIX XBMC V15.3 final

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX Releases' started by MINIX - Ken, Jun 28, 2016.

1. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

2. axuy09

axuy09 New Member

hi

what would be the process to install ?

Thanks

3. swamprat96

swamprat96 Active Member

download the file and it should prompt you to install. If it doesn't make sure you've allowed the system to install from external sources then select the file and open it again

4. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

i just wanted to report that i have been using version 16 alpha and when i skip forward or resume playback from any point that is not the beginning of the video the audio is no longer synced with the video, and the picture glitches out for a few seconds as well. i tried redownloading the 15.3 final version and installing but it said "app not installed".

5. mchp92

mchp92 Active Member

Any known issues with 15.3?

6. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

That one worked quite well I would like to back to it but don't want to have to uninstall and set everything up again so I guess I will just wait for the next alpha release and hope it is a little smoother

7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

You have to uninstall the 16 alpha first.

8. curtyman11

curtyman11 New Member

Okay it is my understanding then that you can update over top of a current installation if it is to a newer version but not if you are going to an older one?

frutiloopis likes this.
  9. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Backup XBMC first. Uninstall and reinstall, then restore backup. I think it should work! No harm in trying! :)

In future always make a backup of you Kodi/XBMC data first before you update or downgrade! ;):)

gymnos and midnight like this.
  10. 9800pro

9800pro Active Member

You can't "update" with older version. Other way around you can.

Sent from my LG G2

curtyman11 likes this.
  11. Jani

Jani New Member

You only need to copy to safe place folders: addons, media and userdata. Inside them is everything about your build. You can even paste those folders into any sort of Kodi/SPMC/XBMC and you will get back your addons and setups. This is how the "Kodi Builds" work. I did a Kodi Wizard Build that way and I can in fact copying my complete setup wherever I wish to. Even from Android to Windows or Apple.
    Sorry for my english - that is not my language.

12. With the latest MINIX_XBMC_20160424.apk on an X6, fast FWD caused my box to crash, whilst MINIX_XBMC_20151209.apk works ok. Any ideas please?

13. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Hi Ken tried to install MINIX XBMC V15.3 to my minix x7 mini which currently has firware
    X7mini Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 ) with xbmc minix V13.3.3 final.
    When it ask me to install it ask me to change security settings to allow unknown sources. When I went to my minix settings it would not allow me to access security settings so I can enable this feature to install from unknown sources. It went straight back to the minix mero laucher page. Not sure if the current X7mini Kitkat 250 has disabled the security setting from users. Can you please assist as I wnting to update to MINIX XBMC V15.3 and I relly don't want to start from scratch again.

Regards
    Hazza.

14. Villa

You should be able to change the setting!
    Have you tried several times going in to Settings to change it?

If you do manage to enable it then you may like to know that there is a special Rockchip version available...
    http://www.minixforum.com/threads/spmc-16-x-kodi-modified-for-rockchip.12201/

Screenshot_2016-07-17-12-23-56.png

15. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Unfortunately it won't. Every time I try it goes back to the main minix metro launcher.

There must be a way to get security to work.
    Every other option is working in the settings and security is not working. Something is definitely not right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
  16. Villa

I suggest you switch from Metro launcher to Launcher3 and then try accessing Settings from there.
    To do this, go to Settings, Home and select Launcher3. Fingers crossed it allows you to do this!

17. Hazza

Hazza New Member

Thanks will try it tomorrow.

18. l0g1x

l0g1x New Member

I install on X5 but can't get DTS and AC3 passthrough to work. It works on 13.3 but not 15.3. Any advise?

19. Villa

20. Hazza

Hazza New Member

What is so different in the Rockchip version http://www.minixforum.com/threads/spmc-16-x-kodi-modified-for-rockchip.12201/ compared to minix xbmc 13.3 final? Which one is more stable?
    I have n reinstalled
    X7mini Kitkat 250 ( february 8th 2016 ) and back to scratch again. Not sure if this new version spmc-16-x-kodi will have issues.
    Any recommendations/
    The only issues I have with my minix X7 mini is that it will never play DTS-MA and Dolby Digital-HD.
    Rockchip doesn't support this format or does not have the licence for it. My windows & PC plays all formats when it previosly was connecte dto my Onkyo reciever. But the reason my I got the minix X7 mini is because it's compact. I have had it for 3 years now and have had several rebuils due to it crashing.
    Anyway it's alot better thann when it first was released. Hopefully OTA updates can enhance it further in the future.

Regards
    Hazza