1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Minix Z83

Discussion in 'Kodi/XBMC for MINIX' started by Nichole, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Nichole

Nichole New Member

I have a serious problem if anybody has any knowledge out there to help me it would be very much appreciated. A couple I really enjoyed the Minix machine when I first got it it was great, but somehow somewhere I must have gotten either of virus or malware or something attached to my machine. It takes over my admin rights and does not let me have access to my folders it stops me from doing any thing in my computer that such as running recovery drives or visiting the Microsoft website. It attaches itself to Ports and IP addresses and by the end of the day I can hardly even recover my PC or reset it. I made my way around it so far thank goodness but I'm at the point where I don't know how much more I could do to protect myself against it. I've been fortunately had seven credit cards opened up in my name in the last couple weeks so I'm thinking that has something to do with it. I need to get rid of it somehow but everytime I get a new system it just continually follows me and I think it's because it's attaching itself to other IP addresses in my home through my network I'm not sure. I know this doesn't that just have to do with the Minix but if you have any knowledge of the subject at all any help would be appreciated thank you so much!
  2. Nichole

Nichole New Member

By the way because I have reset it so many times usually about once a day I followed the directions to that I read it last night and I updated the BIOS after a fresh install installed the drivers and now I'm shut it down. I am just hoping that that helps a little bit I don't think that's going to do much because it seems like such a strong virus whatever it is. I'm not completely computer illiterate but this is way beyond my knowledge of anything. I tried AVG, bitdefender and most virus detection software do not see it because it renames itself actual system drives such as system or apps that I use it all create and look like natural parts of the computer.