1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Mobile app

Discussion in 'NEO U1 Guides & FAQs' started by Tonyk, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Tonyk

Tonyk New Member

What is the mobile app that I must use to control my minix U1

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

3. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

Is there actually one that works with the Minix 9U-H for the iphone because the suggested one doesn't actually work! Someone tell me if you've actually got it to work at all

4. Villa

Check out @robertojorge's video....

5. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

Presumably Robert is using the Android TV app for IOS? In common with Robert I have an Iphone SE with that app installed and it fails to find the Minix U9-H connected to the same wifi network, I normally have my U9-H connected to a wired network but have tried it physically disconnected and solely connected to wifi with no luck, I've followed a few step by step guides from here with no success. I'm still learning the Minix and Android generally as I'm from a Windows background, and finding things very strange to understand, for instance , I'm not confident that my adjusted Minix setting are actually occurring with reference to my last post with regard to disabling HDMI control being ignored by Minix. Any thoughts or suggests greatly appreciated!

6. Villa

Have you installed this on the U9-H?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cetusplay.remoteservice

Marty likes this.
  7. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

The CP app worked great, thanks for the tip Villa. I guess I can delete the Android remote app. Is there any chance of liking one of my posts so I can enter discussions, I promise I'll be more positive about Minix in future, it has great potential and I admit I'm on a learning curve with Android. I've treated my Minix box to a 256GB class 10 U3 microSD card currently on order, cant wait to stream some 4K content and report back :)

Marty and Villa like this.
  8. MuckyMark

MuckyMark New Member

The CP app worked for a few days quite well but now its not although I can get it to work partly and only occasionally, I'm using it with the A3 remote and need to use it on the local TV, the intention is to use the iphone remote CP app on my other TVs connected remotely to the minix via my HDMI 4 way distribution device. any suggestions on how I should set this up, I cant explain why it worked perfectly to start with and now it doesn't