1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

MoreTV

Discussion in 'MINIX & General Android Apps' started by thegeezer, Dec 19, 2017.

1. thegeezer

thegeezer New Member

MoreTV was excellent until a couple months ago, now gets two type of freezes regularly, the first now makes unusable. When it goes to ads, the video freezes but audio continues. This should be easy to fix.
    The other freeze is where it just stops, freezes, and to "fix" it, you just go up/down a channel, BUT it then goes back to the point where it froze, so you get the same 2-3 minutes again.
    If the support was any use, they would take this on and try to fix it, but I cannot get past the first guy who just says "I referred it and they said they have never seen this", or "clear the cache", or "try another channel" - great advice (and yes I have cleared cache and makes fa difference).
    I bought a brand new top of the range MINIX box, and also a new TOSHIBA smartTV, so it is not a hardware issue, worked much better until last couple months, when there have been several upgrades - one of which looks like it has broken the service.

So there you go, you pays your money...

2. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

MoreTV ? Never heard of it!
    A brief Google search leads me to believe it is a Copyright Infringement streaming service (illegal streaming app).

Which support are you referring to, MINIX or the developers of MoreTV?

Which MINIX device do you have?

3. thegeezer

thegeezer New Member

U9-H, and yes you are probably right, I was hoping someone in here may have had similar experience and maybe fixed it by firmware upgrade or similar - clutching at straws really ! Maybe you, or someone could advise on what is happening when the screen freezes going to adverts or offer some other advice on resolving this ?

Thanks again

4. thegeezer

thegeezer New Member

By the way, the support refers to the app support

5. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

What was so excellent about it? What do you watch through this app?

6. thegeezer

thegeezer New Member

Every channel worldwide, for €12 per month. No searching for streams, proper EPG, it WAS excellent and very little problems or interruptions. Last three months service gone right downnhill, frequent freezes, audio only, and rewinding to when freeze occurred. Real pity could have been great app.

Villa likes this.