1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

MX Player is not running smoothly

Discussion in 'NEO G4' started by Aktyzm, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Aktyzm

Aktyzm New Member

I have a G4 Neo with Android 4.2.2. MX Player, during watching movies 720p and 1080p is not running smoothly. After uploading an android 4.1, MX Player works well. After all, I would like to have the latest version of the software (4.2.2). Is there any solution?
  2. jukiveins

jukiveins Active Member Dev Group

This is a known problem with 4.2.2 firmware.
    If you have G4, version A, you can update to the KitKat custom ROM, located here
    If you have G4, version C, you can use this patched kernel. To install it, simply download, rename the .zip to update.zip, put it in the root of your internal SD and restart the stick. A pop-up will appear, asking you if you want to update. Choose "Yes" and wait, till the update is complete.
  3. Aktyzm

Aktyzm New Member

Jukiveins, thank you for your reply. I have G4 version A. I found earlier this custom rom but I read that the remote is malfunctioning. I download and test it today.
  4. jukiveins

Yes, the remote doesn't work for the moment. But that will be fixed in next release.
  5. Aktyzm

Aktyzm New Member

This is great news :) Kitkat_g4_23_12.img file is not compressed zip or 7zip. Could I ask for the MD5 or SHA checksum to avoid errors?
  6. jukiveins

MD5 checksum: CE27323D969DE25BAFE7F735620A76BD
  7. Aktyzm

Aktyzm New Member

Thank you very much :)
  8. ivanpetr

ivanpetr New Member

It says: Not a valid update package???Can you re-post it?
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015