1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

My audio freaks out seemingly randomly (analog disapears or HDMI gets choppy)

Discussion in 'NGC-1' started by mrceolla, Jul 7, 2017.

1. mrceolla

mrceolla New Member

I use both HDMI audio and the analog headphone jack. I have a home automation app set to use the analog audio outputs, to computer speakers, so I can hear the lady's voice even if the TV and Receiver are off.

Every once in a while, 1 of two things happen. Either my analog output disappears, or my HDMI audio gets choppy...almost slo-mo like even though the video plays in full speed and the audio keeps up. It's like it's playing 1/2 of the audio segments, at 1/2 speed, so that's why it stays in sync w/ the video.

I'm not certain these two things happen exclusively. When I notice one, I reboot. I will test next time to see if both problems exist at the same time.

I also have a Xbox Kinect camera/microphone connected to the NGC-1 (for the microphone only), and an IR receiver for my remote (VRC-1100 [Vista MCE Remote Control]) connected via USB...if that matters any.

I'm on the latest v1.3 bios and I believe also the latest SSD firmware.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any ideas where to start looking for a cause?

Thanks!
  2. mrceolla

mrceolla New Member

Audio issues are still plaguing my NGC-1. Recently, I was streaming audio from SoundCloud and all of a sudden it started playing in choppy slow mo. I went to my TV/NGC-1 and observed a Windows notification that an audio device was removed, yet I had not unplugged anything. Restarting the Windows Audio service brought things back to normal.

Sometimes I'll turn on my TV and try to play something and I get no audio at all. I can observe the track time's seconds taking longer than a second to change, yet still no sound.

Does anybody have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks!
  3. mrceolla

mrceolla New Member

I was wrong about restarting the Windows Audio service. That resolved a different audio problem on a different PC and I confused the two issues.

I need to reboot my NGC-1 to fix the problems described above.

Any ideas, anyone? Could my unit's hardware be failing?
  4. mrceolla

mrceolla New Member

This is still causing me problems. Everything will be fine when I go to bed, but when I come home after work the next day audio will be dead. Nothing out of HDMI or analog audio and my USB connected Microsoft Kinect microphone appears dead as well. Reboot fixes the problems. Is anyone else having audio issues of any kind? Is my unit failing or is this most certainly software related?
  5. Madniks

Madniks New Member

I have the same problem.
    Slow sound (about 1/2 of normal speed, sound like robotic). Occurs randomly, only a reboot of the device solves the problem.