1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Neo A2 with Neo-U1 not working at all

Discussion in 'NEO A3, A2 Lite Airmouse' started by Vman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Vman

Vman New Member

Hi. I just received my A2 remote (not the light) and I have U1 box but I can't seem to make it work. Not even on off. The remote shows some light so batteries should be good. I tried two sets and Fn button light can switch on.

I only put USB thing into the ports of the U1. Tried all three. Seems to not be able to react.

Did I buy the wrong remote???

Does only the Light remote work with U1?

Not sure if I should return the product to Amazon or whether this can be made to work?

Appreciate everybody's input here. Please help.
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

You can't turn on the U1 as the A2 is totally RF. To turn it on requires an IR signal (A2 Lite Power button or stock remote).
    The A2 should function in all other aspects though!
  3. Robert Jameson

Robert Jameson New Member

Do I understand this correctly. The minix neo u1 cannot be turned on by RF. That can't be correct, that is the reason for RF so the box can be placed out of sight. Would someone please clarify this. I have the IR remote and it won't turn on the box but it does other function, not all the way I want I want but why not the on function.
  4. Robert Jameson

Robert Jameson New Member

That seems to be totally ridiculous as one of the main reasons for RF would be to have the Minix box out of sight. Why wouldn't it have the on/off function enabled?
  5. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

This is true, you cant turn on the minix u1 with the A2 NEO?
  6. Villa

That is true!
    MINIX devices require an IR signal to turn them on. The A2 is totally RF.
  7. Einsiedler

Einsiedler New Member

Damn i should have watched out for this detail earlier .... so it would be better to get an a2 lite instead of the a2 ..... it seems i must use 2 remotes now for my u1 because my A2 is incoming :/
  8. Villa

An A2 Lite or an A3.