1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

NEO device driver auto-installation tool (rockchip)

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by HardwareGuru, Jul 24, 2014.

1. HardwareGuru

HardwareGuru Developer Administrator

Dear all,
    You may download the latest tool released by RK which simplifies the whole driver installation process.
    It's a very simple tool to help installing the device driver to your Windows OS.
    It supports Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
    You may install the driver without any devices attached to your computer.
    We're going to make it a MINIX version as soon as possible then we will put it as an official tool.
    Thanks.
    Link:
    http://minix.com.hk/downfile/RK_DriverAssitant.zip
    Step1:
    Choose "Uninstall Driver" if you have any RK driver installed before to wipe it clean,
    then choose "Install Driver"; If you haven't install any device drivers before, simply choose "Install Driver"
    Step 2&3:
    When the dialogue box prompts out, choose "Install" twice
    Finished!
    Final reminder: Remember to SKIP searching for drivers on Windows Update when you plug in the device, the drivers are loaded into the system by this tool already!
    Regards,
    MINIX Team.
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
  2. Anthorn

Anthorn Member

Ok now I'm confused: As I understood it there is no need to install the driver. I simply followed the instructions to install anyway and launch the USB flash app and the install of beta 8 completed. In what circumstances would we need to install the driver?

X8-H
    Windows 7 laptop
  3. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

The drivers are for the rockchip devices; X5, x7 X5 mini, x7 mini
  4. HardwareGuru

hmm what happened to this #1 topic lol.. i will make it proper asap.. seems i forgot to upload the attachments ....
  5. Nima

Nima New Member

Hi
    How I can connect my Minix X5 or X7 and manage my device ( withe OTG Cable to Computer ?)? does it have a program like PC Suite to manage my device by PC ?
    can you please tell me how I can do it step by step after I instal RK Driver Assistant ?
    Thank You
  6. gufone

gufone Big Owl - Developer Super Moderator

If you just want to mange the device try the Airdroid app that come preinstalled.
  7. HardwareGuru

8. Nima

Nima New Member

Hi again
    Thanks to guide me. I`m using moborobo tool. its great. So how about X8 & X8-H ? Do they have any Driver ? I mean how I can connect these devices with Amlogic S802 to PC ?
  9. HardwareGuru

It should work. Just connect with otg cable and grant the pc debugging acces on the x8 when the dialog pops up on screen.
  10. Pedro

Pedro New Member

Hello,

I have a Neo X5-mini and i'm having problems to access the device through my computer. I wanted to root it and install some aplications i made for it, but my computer doesn't recognize the device.
    I already installed the drivers in the first post, and tried this in 2 different computers. I have windows 8.

Can anyone help?
  11. bakardi

bakardi New Member

Hello,

does the RK Driver Assistant correctly install the drivers on Windows 8.1? I heard that that was impossible.
    Is there maybe another method to install Rockchip drivers on Windows 8.1 if the Driver Assistant is unable?
    Hope someone may give me a suggestion.
    Thanks!
    Nitram likes this.
  12. jamonbread

jamonbread New Member

I can't get the drivers to install on windows 8.1 I thought the new drivers were compatible with win8 now? I've dried for hours to get the drivers installed using the new driver installation tool.
    My X5 will no longer boot it gets stuck on the Minix boot logo forever it was working just fine last night not sure what's happened. I updated the box last time using win7 without issues but now I no longer have anything other than win8.
  13. Higgs

Higgs Yellow Dude Super Moderator

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/h...irmware-for-minix-x7-mini-x7-x5-mini-x5.5230/
  14. jamonbread

jamonbread New Member

cyloncity2 likes this.
  15. alextabs

alextabs New Member

Hello!

Can you please send me the link in pm or tell me how you managed to flash the firmware with Win 8.1 because i have the exact same problem as you mentioned above?

Many thanks in advance!!

Kind regards,
    A.
    cyloncity2 likes this.
  16. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

17. alextabs

alextabs New Member

I tried it and before (already had found it) and with the one in the link above, but i get a USB device unrecognized and in the device manager as Unknown USB device (see attached).
    I also tried to manually locate and update the driver via device manager with no luck.

any thoughts?

Kind regards,
    A.

Attached Files:

cyloncity2 likes this.
  18. jamonbread

jamonbread New Member

Hi

I used this information in the link below it doesn't seem to work for everyone for some reason but it worked for me. I never had to boot into safe mode either as some people suggest trying.
    Hope it works out for you.

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/95578-rockchip-flashing-does-not-work-with-win81/
    alextabs likes this.
  19. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

20. cyloncity2

cyloncity2 Member

Having problems with getting the drivers for my x7mini on to my win 8.1 64 bit laptop. I have looked at all the linked threads and videos and tried each. The external drivers I tried are not the same as those in the video so I have no .bat file only a .cat .inf and a .sys file.
    Does anyone know what drivers I need where I can get them and where I should put them.
    Many thanks