1. Registration issues have now been resolved. New accounts are able to be created

Official Release NEO U1 FW009A - 20160816

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfraser

cfraser Member

^ That sure is bizarre! Compared to how things normally are for "other" devices I mean. As you can tell I haven't updated *anything* yet...
  2. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

How is it bizarre?
    One firmware update follows another if you update OTA.
    If you so wish, you can flash a full system image or use the USB.zip update package!
  3. mark2

mark2 Active Member

Try installing windows you'll be updating for hours
    newbie99 likes this.
  4. cfraser

cfraser Member

Tell me about Windows. It takes so long because it looks at all the interdependencies, of the updates and what you already have...very painful sometimes.

But as to the subject: I didn't realize that an OTA update was different than a regular FW update. I have never done an OTA FW update of *anything* before. I thought only apps/Kodi got updated by OTA...see, I'm learning already! I just got the U1 yesterday.

So then: should I update the FW to current official, or should I not? If so, I will probably use a "non-OTA" method, unless you advise otherwise. While waiting for my U1 to come in the mail, I've collected an awful lot of info about the "other ways", I didn't even know you *could* do an OTA FW update, somehow I completely missed that.
  5. mark2

mark2 Active Member

I've had my U1 since July first thing recommended to do is check for system updates in all apps
    i used the blue system update icon OTA to check for FW updates and installed from that to version 9A
    ive had no problems whatsoever box runs perfect
    my son has a U1 also he done the same but he has only updated to version 8 no problems either
    apps from the playstore i get prompts to update when available
    hope this helps you
  6. cfraser

cfraser Member

^ Thanks. I guess I'll do the same then. I'm just going to take the U1 out of the box again, now that I've found a good place for it (very crowded A/V rack and room), and hook it all up again, so your response is timely for me. Time to re-read that thread about what to do with a new box, now that I actually have it...you reminded me.
  7. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure, but first I understand that you already have the U1 and are useing it (and set it up), but if you will get it new in the next days then I would do flashing the 009A via PC (clean system)
  8. cfraser

cfraser Member

^ I had just got the U1 the day before and had done a quick plug-in to verify working. Due to circumstances, I couldn't use the big screen at the time so didn't do much, important sports were being watched!

Anyway, last night I had a good look-around and the FW was already FW009A, and some of the pre-installed apps (the only ones I've tried so far) were already the latest official versions. I forget exactly now, but this U1 was "assembled" in late August. This is my first Android device. I have no idea how to "get around" yet. Reminds me of when I first had to use a Mac in the early '90s... :) Also got the A2 Lite, some learning there too. Have a Rii i8+ keyboard lying around, haven't tried that yet.
  9. newbie99

newbie99 Moderator Moderator

cfraser likes this.
  10. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

11. Vinylity

Vinylity Member

12. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

by looking at this forum !...actually its a very good question as minix have still to tidy up the xbmc section of this forum despite repeated requests
    midnight likes this.
  13. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Vinylity likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.