1. MINIX team will be having Chinese Lunar New Year holidays from 23/01 to 05/02, replies will be limited during this period, please kindly note.

Official Release NEO U1 FW010 - 20161012

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 26, 2016.

1. givecredit

givecredit Member Beta Tester

Ken, Will item 4 above also allow a one touch reboot option?
  2. jhleo1

jhleo1 New Member

What's point you want this option? Everytime only reboot and switch on 24 hours?

3. givecredit

givecredit Member Beta Tester

When watching app like skygo, when reboot is required before HDMI hiding works.
  4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken MINIX Team Member Administrator

NO.
    Sleep/wake , or shutdown.
  5. bubbadss

bubbadss New Member

just got the box and trying to do the OTA update. NEO U1: FW010 (20161012). cleared cache, download the 167MB update thru the updater, it extracts, starts installing, then comes up with "rebooting...." but never reboots. just sits there.
    I left it for hours and still same screen.... so I hit the home button, go to task killer and nuke all, and am back to the way I was before -
    tried a fresh reboot, tried power cycle but won't take the update. same results. thoughts?
    Apfelali likes this.
  6. jhleo1

jhleo1 New Member

Please use Full system image with USB flashing tool.

7. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

8. HughJorgan

HughJorgan New Member

My U1 is running minix xbmc 5.3, which it had when I got it. As of last night, it shuts down after about 20 seconds every time I try to start it. I figure I should start by upgrading to the latest version, but I'm not sure if I can just upgrade straight from 5.3 to 6.3 as I'm a noob compared to most here. Any helpful advice would be much appreciated before I do something stupid. Thanks!
  9. Villa

Yes! Download and install over the current version you have.
    http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/download.php?file=MINIX_XBMC_V16.3_20160911.apk

Make sure you have enabled "Install apps from unknown sources" in Settings, Security
  10. HughJorgan

HughJorgan New Member

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017 at 10:07 PM
    Villa likes this.
  11. gdf

gdf New Member

Hi I am having problems with Google Chrome browser being unable to close, when closing the browser the screen changes to a black screen with an 'X' in the top left corner and the only option is to call up a new page and that also will not allow me back into the main area of the UI ... this does not happen all the time, when apps call for the browser to open this for updates I find on most occasions it is easy to close. I have the problem on all the boxes I have used with this system upgrade.

I welcome your thoughts on rectifying the issue.
  12. Villa

That would be a '+' in the top left corner!
    To exit from there, usually pressing the remote's back button will exit.
    All you really need to do to exit Chrome is press the Home button on the remote.
  13. gdf

gdf New Member

The 'X' moves to a blank tab then the '+' top left as you say on a black blank screen, and when the problem manifests it will not go back/close! despite pushing home button, system, etc. This problem does exist as I am not alone in experiencing it, several of my customers call for a way out of the problem which is over come by stopping Chrome in the system settings, or pulling the plug on the power, the remote does not move it on, it will either open a blank tab, or show the black screen.

Thank you for your thoughts.
  14. Villa

Hmmm, I haven't had this issue ever!
    Is Chrome up to date?
    Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling?
    Is there a reason you haven't yet updated to firmware 011?
  15. gdf

gdf New Member

Hi .. yes everything is up to date, it seems that I have posted in to a thread regarding FW 010 (sorry), I turn around several Minix every week, and they are always flashed from my computer with the most up to date firmware on offer and checked for updates via OTA.. I provide the boxes to my local expat community needing access to their home land entertainment.. all the boxes are running to the requirement of the buyer .. so we have a few hands on complaints with the same issues who are not necessarily running the same builds . I have had the issue several times but now avoid accessing Chrome, but if I do during my testing there is a good chance that it could lock up.

Thank you for your thoughts .