1. Official MINIX forum

Official Release NEO U1 FW011 - 20161201

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Dec 2, 2016.

1. blizzard

blizzard New Member

Can you please give me a download link to the AZ skin you use with XBMC MINIX Edition 16.3?
  2. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  3. blizzard

blizzard New Member

Thanks!
    Also, can you please help or provide a manual, how to download in zip to be able to install? I have not found the zip file, which I usually install as add-on.
  4. Villa

Villa Trusted Helper Super Moderator

Download it. It is a zip file!
    Select Clone or download, Download ZIP
    blizzard and Frederick_99 like this.
  5. blizzard

blizzard New Member

I have downloaded the zip file from the main page, I cannot install it on 16.3, it says, that some dependency is missing.
  6. Frederick_99

does it say which dependency ?

check the addon.xml on the github page for the version you are trying to install..it tells you what dependencies you need.
  7. danlat1415

danlat1415 Active Member

Make sure you change the Branch (version) to the one you want before downloading.

There are 3 versions; Isengard (Kodi 15), Jarvis (Kodi 16) and Master (Kodi 17).

Here is the exact link you need
    https://github.com/jurialmunkey/skin.arctic.zephyr/archive/Jarvis.zip
    Villa likes this.
  8. blizzard

blizzard New Member

It says: The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.12.0 could not be satisfied.
    Actually the skin file size is ~5 megs, which looks pretty little to me
  9. blizzard

blizzard New Member

Ah, okey, I downloaded the 'Master'...
    Checking yours, thanks!
  10. Frederick_99

5MB is about right :)
  11. kszaq

kszaq New Member

Hello Ken. I am the developer behind LibreELEC for S905. Some users are reporting booting issues with my latest build, that includes Minix U1 users. Could you please advise on the fix you used to solve this? In FW011 changelog you state:
    I would be grateful if you can share the patch to fix that issue. Thank you in advance.
  12. Viggen66

Viggen66 New Member

Kszaq probably the fix is embedded on the kernel, is different from minix 010, if you check the build dates.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  13. blizzard

blizzard New Member

Okey, skin installed succesfully, no issues, thanks!

Now the problem is, that I cannot play a single a movie :( No matter, if it's xvid or x264, it starts and no video, sound is lagging, I hear something every 4-5 minutes...
    I play movies from NFS share (connected on gigabit), the U1 is connecting to my network via wifi.
    I had issues with xvid movies only with MINIX XBMC 15.3, now with 16.3 nothing works at all.

What info should I provide to get help?
  14. Frederick_99

i think most people connect to remote devices using SMB , try that instead
  15. blizzard

blizzard New Member

Nope, this won't solve the issue: I just tried to play x264 video from USB drive, doesn't work either...
    Other ideas?
  16. Frederick_99

can you post a sample of the x264 video and I'll try it on mine
  17. blizzard

blizzard New Member

I have reinstalled XBMC MINIX again and now it seems to work, thanks for all the help!

This is a minor thing, but maybe you also have idea how to do it. I wanted to change the "loading" icon in Arctic Zephyr, many was available to choose from in the skin I installed from the repo for 15.3, but in this one I cannot find the possibility to change it.
    Do you have any idea?
  18. Frederick_99

I know what you mean about the loading icon and your right in that it is not available in the jarvis version on github.
    A small price to pay for the enhanced submenu and widget setup facilities. :)
  19. kszaq

kszaq New Member

I also think it's a kernel-side fix. I hope @MINIX - Ken can share some details about it.
  20. Sphinx74

Sphinx74 New Member

After upgrading to fw 011 kodi stops playing a movie randomly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HUAWEI G6-U10 met Tapatalk