1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!

Official Release NEO U1 FW011 - 20161201

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Dec 2, 2016.

1. skynet

skynet Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

Try a clean install by USB.
    Wipe cache before in the recovery.
  2. gborri

gborri New Member

Same problem here. @MINIX - Ken could you help us?
    boodykaka likes this.
  3. Adam Salacinski

Adam Salacinski New Member

Hi, I want to ask a different question maybe you can give me a quick answer.
    Do we ever get android 6 update? (I don't even dream about 7) thanx

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka
  4. Sean369

Sean369 Active Member

No definitive answer from anyone officially with Minix but the feeling is it's not likely to ever happen.
  5. skynet

Already answered many times : Nope.
    Next Minix device will be delivered with Android 6
  6. Frederick_99

Frederick_99 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

you sure about that.....answered many times ...can you point to some official posts saying that....Ive done a quick search and not found any...not that my searching skills are much cop though ??
  7. boodykaka

boodykaka New Member

Same problem here
  8. haru harutachu

haru harutachu New Member

I have the same problem with my Minix and Xbmc I made a reset total an reinstall everything and still at the same problem.
    Is it possible install another version Xbmc without passthrough enable and work fine?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
  9. skynet

10. Villa

Villa Well-Known Member Super Moderator

Frederick_99 likes this.
  11. szhjcn

szhjcn New Member

Shame this box will not have Android 6. Just bought it a week ago, if I'd known would have looked at other devices. From my understanding the biggest benefit is that you can add a micro SD card and configure this as part of the internal memory.

I have one issue on my box. Sometimes when coming out of pause the video will not play, stutters, no sound... have to stop and restart from where I left off.
  12. skynet

What do you need in Android 6 you can't find in 5.1.1 ?
    Doze mode ? U1 is NOT a smartphone !
    You can also root your device and take full control of it.
    David_Cole and Villa like this.
  13. Viggen66

Viggen66 Member

Really I don't get it, why people want to upgrade to Android 6.0, just because instead of 5.1 is 6.0 hence is better. This box has a wonderfully optimized Android 5.1 in top of it, having awesome performance, and feature rich, great work from the Minix programming team, that's why Minix stands out from the competition.

Never regret buying Minix products and never will.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
    Danavorn, David_Cole and Villa like this.
  14. 9800pro

9800pro Active Member

Cmon Ken, help the man here...if you are allowed to share that info that is.

sent from my G2
  15. Darr

Darr New Member

Hey guys, I'm older than most users at 65, and after this newest update I've got a fairly big problem...

Specifically, the 'new' green inside a thin white frame mouse pointer. My eyes don't see it anywhere near as well as they did the 'spaceship' pointer. Is there a way to get it back?

Better yet, how about solving future issues by giving us the choice of pointer (including the Spaceship, the newest Green arrow and the original tiny pointer) in the accessibility menu in your next update?

A roll-back of the update scares the bejezzus out of me...I'm old.

Thanks
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  16. Viggen66

Viggen66 Member

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I guest the latest firmware with that space cursor was 09A
  17. David_Cole

David_Cole Member

Try some different links and use Zen it's far superior to Exodus and specto... Zen supports real debrid.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
  18. David_Cole

David_Cole Member

You can do that with Android 5.1.1...app2sd and a slew of others that install 2 SD card... Just because there is a update doesn't mean it going to affect Android tv systems like it does on a phone or tablet....

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    DutchDiversion and skynet like this.
  19. Peterw42

Peterw42 New Member

I am having a problem with the latest update , it downloads etc, press update now and rebooting appears on screen and thats where it stays. I then have to get out and shut down the task or restart. 3-4 other updates have installed no problems
  20. rroscar2410

rroscar2410 New Member

Hello Ken,
    I have a Minix Neo U1 with a Logitech K400R keypad.
    I can put in suspension the Minix with the power button on the keyboard but I can not turn on. On Minix Neo x7 was ok.
    can you help me?

thank you

roscar2410