1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Neo U9-H Android 6.0.1 to 7.0.0 ?

Discussion in 'NEO U9-H' started by Seaco, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Seaco

Seaco Member

As the title says really is there a way to get my Minix box updated from Android 6.0.1 to at least 7.0.0 as I have just joined NordVPN and they're "Kill Switch" doesn't work below version 7.0.0?

2. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

A Nougat (V7) firmware is under development (no ETA yet).

mahiroux likes this.
  3. Seaco

Seaco Member

Thanks Skynet, good news but as usual how long is a piece of string!

4. Marm

Marm Active Member

That is really great news. I hope that Nougat also fixes the copy and paste issues with the Google Chrome browser on my NEO U9-H as l hate to have to run an outdated version of the browser to get copy and paste. Google claims that the copy and paste issue is because of MINIX firmware and I believe them as I have other devices running both Marshmallow and Nougat that do not have this problem.

I also wonder if some of my problems with my NEO U9-H may be because I run an old version of the Chrome Browser because copy and paste are so very important to me?

Also why stop at Nougat as it has been out since August, 2016 while Oreo has been out since August 2017? TV boxes are now out with Oreo and soon "P" will likely be released.

I have always been a person who never wants the latest OS unless I see a specific need for it. Well I see many complaints from people with the NEO U9-H and think there are lots of reasons to hurry up implementation of Nougat, if not Oreo.

I think it is a terrible shame that I have been waiting for this box to be fixed for almost a year or for a manufacturer to come out with a quality stable TV box to replace it that meets all of the high end requirements I want in my next TV box. There are Android boxes out there that come close to what I want but all of them, even the Shield fall short in one or more areas.

Note to Seaco, depending upon how long your subscription to NordVPN is, you might want to try another VPN. I use PureVPN which drives me nuts because it has a customer survey that comes up every second or third time I launch it but it is cheap on a sale and I believe the kill switch works even in Lollipop.

Here is hoping for new stable problem correcting firmware soon.

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    PhillyGTA likes this.
  5. Seaco

Seaco Member

I was with VyprVPN where the kill switch worked but kept getting, DMCA-Goldenfrog Notice of Copyright Infringement when using torrents and today I was terminated, so on looking NordVPN looked good so it's on a months trial and apart from the Kill Switch not working all seems well, hence needing 7.00 for it to function correctly lets hope we're not waiting to long.

sangaz likes this.
  6. dedstik

dedstik New Member

Good news.

7. mahiroux

mahiroux New Member

Any updates for V7 firmware?
    Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

9. Marm

Marm Active Member

Did you frequently do IP leak tests? It doesn't matter what VPN you have, it is worthless if your setup is still leaking your location.