1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW006 (20170810)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Aug 14, 2017.

1. ippartner

ippartner New Member

Kodi & SkyGO plugin .. only works with DRM Playready sopport .. since the new Update DRM is gone .. but this is a major thing to have!

(Microsoft Playready 3.0 support is why I bought the box !)
    You say: "It's not gone, it's being temporarily disabled and will be there again after we fix a bug related to it."

How long might that take to be available again? (any guess) I need that: FW006.xx (because of the known issues of FW005)

2. JonW

JonW Member

Fine I give up.

I understood what you said despite it being inconsistent with non forum articles. Given the differences I was trying get to the why instead of just the "because I say so". So I assume your answer to the question in my previous post is a) Yes they are checking at the server level not just at the playstore level and as a result b) Yes the multiple articles saying the apps continue to work fine are out of date or just plain wrong, c) yes the U9-H is Widevine and HDCP compliant but it doesn't matter because it isn't on the whitelist because (for reasons beyond me) Google will never certify AOSP builds / certify the chipset (the way they or at least Netflix seem to have some Qualcomms).

I understand @MINIX - Ken approached Netflix only to get a response that they weren't interested in working with Minix at this time, suggesting Minix at least thought there was a resolution path but Netflix are being #%#@"#@$$# about it (but Minix to their credit are looking out for their customers)

3. wrxtasy

wrxtasy Well-Known Member

Yes that is correct.

Yes a bunch of info posted on other Websites was wrong to begin with, particularly regarding streaming resolutions because no one bothered doing any log checking while streaming.
    And info is definitely now out of date due to recently changed Google Playstore and Netflix install policies. Streaming requirements have become more stringent lately.

Yes as @wesk05 has already said as well that is correct.

Cheap Google certified - DRM devices like the AMLogic S905X Xiaomi Mi Box have had their Android Linux/Kernel compiled with SELinux and the bootloader locked down tight to even get various Certifications. Such are the inherent DRM stream, video copying risks Google associate with such a device.
    Such a locked down device cannot even be easily or permanently rooted.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  4. JonW

JonW Member

Thanks

5. KeithB

KeithB New Member

Is the fw001 still available anywhere, just want to try something

6. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

Nope, it started with FW003.

7. KeithB

KeithB New Member

hey thanks for taking the time man, I am new at this (obviously), thanks again

8. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

If you don't mind me asking, what were you hoping to try?

9. KeithB

KeithB New Member

when I first got the device, the ZENUI launcher had installed and was working, after the update it was still functional, I then did a factory reset (after the update) and I could not re-install the ZENUI launcher, its now incompatible, thought if i rolled back the firmware i could get it installed again, then update back to latest. Do you think rooting the device would enable me to install it? I am currently looking at other launchers to customise but I really like this one.

I did roll back to FW003, but still could not install the launcher

10. Villa

You can get it here but don't download version 4 as it appears that is when it became incompatible...
    https://www.apkmirror.com/uploads/?q=asus-launcher

The last version that I was using is this one...
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/zenui...auncher-3-0-2-10_160801-android-apk-download/

11. KeithB

KeithB New Member

hey thanks for your response man, you are correct, the version 4 pretty much does not compatible with anything, not even my note 5 running android 7.0, which they list as minimum requirement. But I am using an earlier version and I am good now. Thanks for taking the time, respect

12. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

i have an issue in mx player, why the movie stop and how to increase buffer in the program, this is a bug i have the last version of firmware?! please help what i do?

13. Villa

What is the source of the media file?

14. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

i go to es file explorer, going to files in my computer and play the videos with mx player, the files is in mp4 i think, why this happens?

15. Villa

No idea!
    I use MX Player quite often and don't have any issues. Media source, U9-H internal & external storage and NAS.

16. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

can be a bug by the last firmware updated?

17. Villa

I said I see no issues!

18. keanustar

keanustar Active Member

Are you playing the file from the network? If so, try playing it from an usb in the U9 and, if there is no issue, then the issue resides within your network.

Villa likes this.
  19. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

The network is ok the problem i think is firmware but i dont know what to do, i need help or the problem is the app mxplayer, need realy help not teories...

20. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

i think in mx player the buffer is so slow while then the video stop, i have to go to the definitions i think but i dont know what to do in the definition of mx player, help please...