1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW007A (20171020)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Geoff Boardman

Geoff Boardman New Member

Nope which is a bit odd isn't it

2. sinchenkos

sinchenkos New Member

Wishes for the previous firmware did not come true. Therefore once again I will express them. The first is to automatically hide the top and bottom notification bars when opening application windows. For example, YouTube and Google Chrom. The second is the ability to scale with the mouse wheel in games and applications, instead of gesturing information and raising two fingers while cassing the screen. For me, as I think many, the acquisition of the gadget is not limited to the purpose of viewing the video. I hope to be heard, thank you.

Paul_79 likes this.
  3. scotty

scotty Member

The full system image fil??
    Scotty

4. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

We are uploading both full system image and .zip package to the forum server today,
    sorry about the delay, we have been encountering some network issues.

kingsizept and scotty like this.
  5. scotty

scotty Member

its okay and thanks alot for all your works:):)

6. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

When I went to the system update (why are there 2 locations for system update?) it lists one dated 6/13 (or something in June), but not October. So when I try to do an OTA update for the 6/13 update, it downloads then starts unzipping. At around 18% the screen goes blank. Then the green minix start screen appears, followed by the blue logo, then after a few seconds, the green android robot appears lying on it's back with the word ERROR beneath it.

Any idea what's going on?

7. MINIX - Ken

Re-enable passthrough settings in system after every OTA update,
    as all settings will be reset during OTA.

8. MINIX - Ken

Can you unplug the power and restart the machine?

9. MINIX - Ken

Download links for both full system image & .zip package have been updated in post #1.

David_Cole and monologue like this.
  10. Not_Rich

Not_Rich New Member

Good to see SAMBA has been fixed so apps like sambadroid allow you to share the sdcard/whatever over the network

11. scaramonga

scaramonga Member

Still not getting the 007a update OTA, I'm on 007. I can do it manually, but I wonder if it's coz VPN is running?

12. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Yes, I believe a VPN will prevent the OTA update!

13. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

I don't recall a VPN blocking my OTA update , although i have vpn running on my router if that makes a difference

14. Florian85

Florian85 New Member

Update works well with OTA, but VPN icon didnt change. Have test with PureVPN and VyprVPN.
    I run VPN from the app and see its connected, but icon didnt show connect... hm dont understand ?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  15. Giuseppe70

Giuseppe70 New Member

With the same system passtrough configuration in Kodi 17.5 hd sound is not anymore supported, so I installed minix xbmc 17.3 version in wich hd sound option is supported.
    Simply hd sound support in kodi has gone.

16. Remydobe

Remydobe New Member

I did an update but the only one it showed was FW005, sowhere would I find the newest update? Also before Iupdated the system I had loaded up a build that was very nice but now it seemsnothing seems to want to download anymore. I am using 17.5 and not sure if this is the problem. Thanks

17. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

Yeah, did that, but it appears the issue was I had some USB drives attached. Once I unplugged them, the update worked.

However I now have the update to June 23, 2017. Still no October update showing when I check for updates. Any ideas?

Edit: Just got the August update. Now I will check updates again and see if the October update shows up.

Edit#2: OK, the October 20 update now shows. I am downloading as I type this.

So, OTA updates are incremental and each and every update must be installed, in release order. The system will not show you the latest, unless the previous updates have been installed.

Good to know.

Edit#3: Ok, all is good. FW007A installed and working.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    Higgs likes this.
  18. Remydobe

Remydobe New Member

Was there an issue with a black screen for Googlr search?

19. Electron3D

Electron3D New Member

My U9-H just automatically updated to this firmware version without my consent or any option to abort. I just rebooted because the screen went all green and FW007A installed automatically upon bootup.

How do I disable automatic firmware updates?

20. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Have a read through here.....

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/stop-auto-update-fota.17888/

Villa likes this.