1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW007A (20171020)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - Ken, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Electron3D

Electron3D New Member

The only way to disable auto-updates is to disable the System Update app!?? Talk about a major breach of trust. I should have the only say when my device updates, not you Minix.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Paul_79 and nineteenth like this.
  2. scaramonga

scaramonga Member

Listen, while I understand your frustration, there are ways to stop the app from 'doing it's thing', and while not exactly ideal, it is what it is I'm afraid. I'd hardly cry that this OTA system has made your device so unusable that it's beyond doing anything with?, through updating without 'your permission'.

It would be nice, yes, if one had the option to choose, but your response is rather OTT IMO, and quite frankly, ridiculous.

3. Rubytux

Rubytux New Member

Hi all, i am about to buy a U9 and i would like to know current HDR status for Youtube with the latest firmware.

If possible, can you tell me if HDR is working with latest FW on Prime Video? Does the app works at least with 480p videos or 720p/1080p videos?

How about HBO Go and Crunchyroll?

4. Electron3D

Electron3D New Member

Yes a little OTT, but I don't think it's ridiculous. Virtually every smart device that is capable of being updated has the option to install updates automatically, prompt for update or disable update checking/only update when manual check is done. This is the standard, why try to be different when it's obvious that most end users want full control over their devices? Yes I know I can roll back the FW but it's ridiculous that I can't just tick a box to disable this functionality. I would really appreciate a response from Minix on this point.

nineteenth, scaramonga and chadbh74 like this.
  5. scaramonga

scaramonga Member

I agree, wholeheartedly, and like I said, it is what it is ATM, now that may change? I for one hope so, but with the focus now on 'N', I think this will be pretty much down their list for now, and probably implemented alongside? ;)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
  6. Finless

Finless Member Dev Group

I think Ken should send me one of these to work a little magic :)

Bob

sangaz and JJ-KwiK like this.
  7. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

@MINIX - John will do it.

sangaz likes this.
  8. MINIX - Ken

MINIX - Ken Former MINIX Team Member Administrator

You want to get a message popping for OTA update? Yes we can do it , and it's easy.
    Also we can force you to update if we want to, without your consent. (even stronger than the iOS's way)
    We purposely made it manual because we want you to update only when you want to/need to, not because we tell you to.

FYI, my iPhone keeps forcing me to update to iOS11, and I don't want it. I'm happy with iOS10.
    I have to keep deleting the whole update file that it downloaded automatically without my consent and I have to shut down Wi-Fi on my iPhone during bed time to avoid it from downloading and updating itself automatically during midnight, can you feel that pain?

sangaz, David_Cole, midnight and 3 others like this.
  9. John Hedgecoe

John Hedgecoe New Member

FYI: OOC Panasonic GH5 4:2:2 10 bit video (150Mbps) still does not play on the U9-H with the FW 007A update.

PS: It's not my TV as it plays fine directly from the camera.

10. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

hi i have a problem, since i updated kodi to new version, the movies stops somebody with the same problem?!

11. Paul_79

Paul_79 Member

it seams like a black screen in movies on kodi and also on mobdro, are you with the same problem?!

12. vrhovnik

vrhovnik New Member

hello,
    can you use a wired connection from minix u9-h to windows 10 pc via linksys EA6350-EJ
    Im asking for help.thanks

13. shablamy

shablamy Member

Have you figured it out yet?

EDIT: This is a valid issue in FW007A, please add to the next release. Verified through LibreElec solves the Atmos issue

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  14. tkoll

tkoll New Member

In regards to the ota update...where do u go on the Minix box to be able to click on all apps? / System update??????

15. s250034k

s250034k New Member

Hi

I have just ordered an U9H. I am wondering if i need the latest Android firware FW007A to be able to run Libreelec on the device or is Libreelec
    100% independent from the Android system.

If so. Then I do not need to update my U9H Android firmware in order to run the latest Libreelec version. Correct ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

16. shablamy

shablamy Member

LE is independent from your Minix FW. It boots from a external SDcard / Usb drive

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

17. s250034k

s250034k New Member

OK shablamy,

Thank you for you reply.

18. Hamzah Rifdi

Hamzah Rifdi New Member

After update, my YouTube app blank screen.need help

19. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator