1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW008 (20180209)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Psyres

Psyres New Member

Yes.

2. ANDERSON SOUZA

ANDERSON SOUZA New Member

New
    .Zip not working for me. Footer is wrong, Signature verification failed, installation aborted.
    Same for me. MD5 Verified :(

3. Villa

Villa Administrator Administrator

Are either of you using Adoptive storage?

4. joaopedros2

joaopedros2 New Member

i have the same problem and i have a "adoptive storage" micro-SD

5. Villa

6. ANDERSON SOUZA

7. joaopedros2

joaopedros2 New Member

8. Villa

I guess because you are using adoptive storage then it messes up the system files. I really don't understand how any of it works?! (n)

9. joaopedros2

joaopedros2 New Member

But in previous updates I don't have that kind of problem... The solution is factory reset?

10. Psyres

Psyres New Member

Previous updates i had no problem either, and i'm not using any adoptive storage. I guess the fw008 update was no success on any level this time :D

Villa and joaopedros2 like this.
  11. Villa

Which firmware version are you guys currently on?

12. joaopedros2

joaopedros2 New Member

FW007A (20171020)

13. ANDERSON SOUZA

I'm currently on FW008. I'm trying to reaply. Noticed some bugs recently, Play Store not downloading apps updates, notification bar not working, home button and recent app button on remote controller not work. I dont want to factory reset and the update zip is not working. Tried to remove sd card (not used as adoptive storage) and did not worked too.

14. SooS

SooS New Member

Thx for the firmware, all works well

15. Exequiel

Exequiel Member

I have the same problem and from what I’ve read there are plenty who have this issue too.. maybe release a quick fix update just for that since it’s clearly a regression..

16. mick1601

mick1601 New Member

Just FYI - I installed FW008 via OTA and have not noticed any issues whatsoever. Maybe I was just lucky.

SooS likes this.
  17. David Martí Casas

David Martí Casas New Member

When will the 8 version of Oreo android go out once and for all? We have been with the version for more than a year and 7 years ago it is in the market.
    It is very disappointing that they do not give more technical support in terms of updating the android system. Yes, when it is updated, it will be done with version 7, which has been in place for more than a year. Would I have to take out the 8 at a time or forced us to buy another Minix model to have version 8 Oreo?

litvcom likes this.
  18. litvcom

litvcom New Member

skynet likes this.
  19. David Martí Casas

David Martí Casas New Member

Go little seriousness not to take for the model u9-h that has just 1 year the version 8 of Oreo. I do not understand how they tease us in this way. By the way version 7 when launched via OTA? We limit the life of the minix in qüestion of operating system to 2 years and in that time just get 1 important update. What do they do to get another one in the future and we have to spend the money again? They are not cheap precisely. I do not intend to buy a Minix again. They are not serious.

20. dbenyakar

dbenyakar New Member

I just purchased Minix U9-H. Updated the FW007 successfully.
    Then I checked again the system update and realized there is a newer firmware 008. When I tried to download it I got the same error "Network Connection Failed".
    How can it be that few minutes ago I downloaded 736MB of firmware and now I cannot download it anymore due to network connection?