1. Welcome to the official forum for MINIX devices!
    Dismiss Notice

Official Release NEO U9-H FW008 (20180209)

Discussion in 'Official Firmwares' started by MINIX - John, Mar 19, 2018.

1. pusb87

pusb87 Well-Known Member Trusted Helper

after each firmware upgrade via OTA try a factory reset and a reboot before trying the update again.... a bit long winded I know but it may help

2. dbenyakar

dbenyakar New Member

Seriously???

3. pusb87

i wouldnt have suggested it otherwise

or you can update firmware directly to latest via usb flash tool

Postiga likes this.
  4. dbenyakar

dbenyakar New Member

Well I did a factory reset via settings and it did not work.
    It checked almost immediately that a new firmware exists but it could not download the zip file due to the same error "Network Connection Failed".

5. dbenyakar

dbenyakar New Member

Hi
    Im new to the U9-H.
    Since I cannot OTA I have to manually update to FW008.
    I understand that the USB update is the better choice to use since it keeps the data.
    However I dont understand the Adoptive storage part. What is it and how do I avoid using it?

@Villa has moved your other posts from the FW003 thread to this one.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
  6. skynet

skynet Moderator Moderator

It's about Amlogic SDK availaibility. There's not Oreo version yet so Minix can't push a firwmare with it.
    They are working on Nougat version now.

7. pusb87

The USB flash tool is considered to be the most thorough flash for new firmware, but yes you will have to reinstall any apps. As you have just got the U9-h it shouldn't be too much trouble. If you have a kodi set up you want to keep use the kodi back up tool and save the backup file external to the minix

Generally I would recommend not to use adoptive storage. If you have a sd card inserted the android system should detect this and ask if you want to use it as adoptive storage ( internal storage)… in my view you should choose Portable Storage.
    https://www.androidpit.com/why-internal-storage-is-better-than-microsd-card-storage

8. dbenyakar

dbenyakar New Member

Well, I tried to update via OTA last time before doing the USB update and it suddenly started downloading the update. :)
    Go figure.

Villa likes this.
  9. ANDERSON SOUZA

ANDERSON SOUZA New Member

Is it possible to reaply the Update using the zip file? I'm using the latest firmware but recently it became uninstable and I would like to apply the update again without "formating" my Minix.

10. litvcom

litvcom New Member

About Oreo for S912 found information here - http://openlinux.amlogic.com/Android/Mbox/8.0_ReleaseInfo/way_for_get_code

for china customer:
    1)repo init -u ssh://git@openlinux.amlogic.com/o-amlogic/platform/manifest.git -b o-amlogic
    2)repo init -m o-amlogic_openlinux-existing-20180413-s912.xml
    3)repo sync

for oversea customer:
    1)repo init -u ssh://git@openlinux2.amlogic.com/o-amlogic/platform/manifest.git -b o-amlogic
    2)repo init -m o-amlogic_openlinux-existing-20180413-s912.xml
    3)repo sync

Fjodor2000 and kingsizept like this.
  11. David Martí Casas

David Martí Casas New Member

When they deigned to update the minix U9-H ???? is still going for version 6 of android when they are already on the 8 Oreo.
    For the read only can be updated until 7. But when ???????????? I do not understand that they do not give support in this sense since it is not cheap precisely the Minix and believed that they had better technical support

litvcom and kingsizept like this.
  12. keanustar

keanustar Active Member

Exactly. They HAD better support. Not the case anymore from what I can see. :(

13. Smartie36

Smartie36 Active Member

We're on fw008 now and yet some on here are moaning that minix don't support their hardware with updates!

Go check out some of the many cheap android tv boxes that are out there and then you'll really see what lack of support is like, not to mention even basic kodi functions such as refresh rate switching don't even work on the majority (all!) of those cheap android tv boxes! This I know for a fact considering all the cheap boxes I went through before finally choosing a minix box.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kingsizept and litvcom like this.
  14. keanustar

keanustar Active Member

Why should I compare U9 with cheap boxes, sice U9 competes with Nvidia Shield in price?

jackie999, aboshahad123, crea and 9 others like this.
  15. crea

crea Member

They are in a very hard position right now. They already lost high end market to Shield which is obvious, and that leaves a much smaller piece of the pie (they have to lower prices). Then we need to consider AV-1 is coming and when SoCs arrive with AV-1 support Minix will have a very tough choice of where to put their limited resources - into a new device with AV-1 support, or this obsolete box. I guess the answer is obvious.
    Perhaps this is the explanation of the current situation that we have right now - they are not eager to hire more developers to support the box that will be obsolete soon and is out of the competition now.
    I guess right now their strategy is "save the face pretending support still exists and gather the last possible sales while the device is still in stocks". This strategy will hurt sales of their future devices without a doubt because of the damaged reputation, but the management is blind or clueless to realize it.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  16. aboshahad123

aboshahad123 New Member

Support is very weak .. not worth buying

kingsizept likes this.
  17. midnight

midnight Moderator Moderator

Let's stay on Topic here folks ! o_O

Villa likes this.
  18. aboshahad123

aboshahad123 New Member

We want update 7.0 :unsure:

kingsizept likes this.
  19. reaklif

reaklif Member

Not thru mate. Minix has always provided updates and support. I am using Minix sinds the X8 and even my old one is stil playing. Other brands, even Nvidia Shield, is facing bugs. In my opinion Minix has always been listening to their customers.

And now back on topic!!

skynet and Smartie36 like this.
  20. snubber

snubber New Member

From first post, the link to the remote appears to be down. I can't write URLs in posts yet, but basically it's supposed to be here: (minix's hk site) /downfile/U1_remote.apk

Is it available anywhere else?